MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly apologies cos i know for a fact this will be somewhere just not found it.

My front brake pads are needing replaced on my 105 MK2.

I would have prob gone for greens tuff but since there has been a couple or posts around saying that they fall apart im not to keen naturally.

I notice alot of you guys suggesting or are using mintex pads. Are these my best option also bearing in mind my disks are the standard ones will i need to replace these at the same time?

Relitively simple question i would imagine for some of you guys im just no sure lol too many choices ha ha :trampoli:

Cheers in advance.

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Mintex ftw

Knock spots off my old greenstuff tbh :)

You will onlty need to replace the disks if they are fooked or you want to upgrade :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mintex ftw

Knock spots off my old greenstuff tbh :)

You will onlty need to replace the disks if they are fooked or you want to upgrade :)
nice one much we looking at for a set of the bad boys? just pads that is?

Im hoping its just disks makes a kinda rubbing/grinding noise at the offside front when im driving and then stops when i press the brake pedal :wacko:

Obv gonna get it checked out but just seeing what i should get if it turns out to be pads which i hope it is lol

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
nice one much we looking at for a set of the bad boys? just pads that is?

Im hoping its just disks makes a kinda rubbing/grinding noise at the offside front when im driving and then stops when i press the brake pedal :wacko:

Obv gonna get it checked out but just seeing what i should get if it turns out to be pads which i hope it is lol
If the pads are down to the metal the discs could well be fooked..Or it's just the pad low warning indicator..

I paid around a tenner for mine that was trade still running the ebc discs thou :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool..Cheers for the info mate.

Go on holiday a week on sat so was really hoping they would hold up till then and i would get em sorted when i came back but it dont look like working out that :wall:

Acht well best no F^^k about when it comes to brakes i suppose ha ha

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got a cost from a local garage for supply and fit of mintex pads for front end.

£65 Fitted :S

Good? Bad? Or Indiffent? No an expert on brakes never had to put a set on a car before lol :blush:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
About Right, 1/2 hour job £20 ish, Pads £20ish + VAT
Cheers mate...they are just round the road from my work so easy just to drop it in on the moning and pick it up at night..go on hols a week on sat so was hoping they would hold up starting to grind like fook tho lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts