MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a fair few Forest fans on here.

So, with Commons Clingan and Agogo-going and the arrival of Paul Anderson, Guy Moussi and Robert Earnshaw how do you see us fareing.

With Andy Cole signing next week (a definite btw) and possible additions of Heidur Helgusson, Clemence, Joe Garner and a couple more supposed additions, how do you see us doing ?

I'll go for top 6 if I'm honest. I have a really good feeling this year. The talent is arriving en-mass and we have managed to keep the defence who did so well last season !

·
Registered
40 Posts
top 6 and derby in the play off semi, off to get me season ticket on saturday I know I shouldnnt in current econimic crissis but f*ck it might not be able to afford bread by xmass but at least I can see us play derby

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to play Derby at Wembley in the playoff final !! And beat them lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
id say about 7th or higher, saying that there are a few good teams in there with us with the likes of doncaster who gave us a bit of trouble last season but fingers crossed!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Think you will be mid table to be honest. Think the loss of commons is a big blow to you but youve brought in some good players. Lets be honest it was only a matter of time before you got out of FL1! good luck in the Championship!

Would honestly stick a bet on you's finishing higher than Derby though!

·
Registered
237 Posts
with the way the championship has been going the last few years you cant really see who is going to finish where.
just as long as we (derby) beat you at pride park im a happy fella lol
but nah i honestly cant see you in ply-offs but maybe just outside it.
and as for a play-off final with derby and forest dont we all dream off that?

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol. Losing Commons was a blow but in Anderson we have a better replacement. Commons can win a game with an unbelievable flyer from outside the box, but too often he goes missing during matches. The fustrating thing is he could be a very good Premiership player, but getting the best out of him is a nightmare. Add to that his injuries and his consistency is unpredictable at best.

I would like to see Derby battling it out at the top (the more East mids teams in the top the better IMO) but good luck. Your right about the CCC being unpredictable. Look at Brizzle last season, they nearly went straight up again even without many additions. I think the signings of Andrew Cole, Earnshaw Moussi Anderson and Joe Garner (next week) will see us in good stead. the chairman had reportedly given Calderwood 30 million from when he started to get us into the Premiership, so I have the feeling we may see a progressional season this year, a few quality additions over the transfer window, next pre-season then a big push. It will be a good year !!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
hmmm would be good for a derby forest play off final haha!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mid table finish for you lot, the super Rams in the playoffs tho minimum (i hope)!!! As much rivalry as there is between the clubs i must say it was good to see u get promoted simply for the fact that we get a gauranteed 6 points next year and get to beat u lot twice :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mid-table MAX. There are some class sides in the Championship and can not see either derby or forrest finishing anywhere near the playoffs. I am a season ticket holder at a Championship, this league is wide open...but not to you

·
Registered
237 Posts
the championship has been very open for several years now jus look at how we (derby) did i couple of years back nearly religated and then promotion the year after :happy2: now how does this work??? lol

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it's a lot more open than people seem to think. Who would of predicted Hull or Stoke getting promotion ? Or Bristol doing so well in their first season.

When we are given the chance we are a fantastic passing side, hopefully we can see a bit more seeing as there is more to play for in the CCC. In league one (as Leicester will find :clap2:) the teams tend throw 11 men behind the ball and just fustrate !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts