MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rang up today to declare some more modifications.

What they knew about previously:
Lowered on red Avo's.
Sat on 18" RS GT's in gun metal.
Magnex 4" round backbox.

What I told them about today:
EBC Turbo Groove front disks.
EBC standard rear disks.
EBC Green Stuff pads all round.
Janspeed 4,2,1 manifold.
Janspeed sports cat.
Clear front indicators with Silvatec lamps.
6000k HID's.
Seat Leon front splitter.

Plus I also told them when I originally got insured, that'd i'd probably do about 7000 miles this year. I've done 11,000 already, so told them to bump it up to 15,000.

They said that they now had too many modifications on the list to keep it on their record as a standard car, so they upgraded my policy to a 'modified car' policy. They also made my mileage unlimited, which is nice.

Even with the fact i'd now told them about an uprated exhaust system ect. which means performance gains, no matter how slight...

They didn't raise my premium a single penny.
The girl on the phone, Gemma, was lovely, very helpful.
Can't complain really.
I'm happy as i've now got everything that matters, completely declared, which is the right thing to do.
Wo0p.
So... IMO, they're not that bad at all.

I'm 23 with 3 years NCB, 3 years driving exp. with a 160, fully comp for £841.00 per annum.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My insurance is due for renewal on the 2nd August and got a quote from Adrian Flux today. They quoted me £475 fully comp on my 160. That is for 5000 miles a year(don't even do that) with breakdown cover and all legal cover. All mods declared - lowered 35mm, stainless steel full exhaust system, strut brace, induction kit, lexus lights, dash changes. I can get as many mods as I like as long as it doesn't increase bhp. Got HID kits to go in, steering wheel to change. 25 years old and 3 years no claims.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had a 1.4 last year and was £500 standard. Upgraded to the 160 6 months in and had to pay £350 for the remainder of the year. I would of been £1200 for the 160 last year. A saving of over £700 with the extra year NCB and being 25. I had £900 saved hoping to be below a grand.:clap:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine's up next Friday and my renewal with Directline is £564 TPFT!! Cheeky sods! 3 years no claims and I've been with them for 3 years!!

Churchill is £573 fully comp with hire car and they will beat a renewal quote, but I'll rind Arian Flux tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine's up next Friday and my renewal with Directline is £564 TPFT!! Cheeky sods! 3 years no claims and I've been with them for 3 years!!

Churchill is £573 fully comp with hire car and they will beat a renewal quote, but I'll rind Arian Flux tomorrow!!
**** that matey!
get with someone else quick-sharp!
TPFT is rubbish anyway!
hope Flux see you well.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
had a quick search but can find any info if adrian flux will cover cars in Northern Ireland?
anyone know?

insurance is due for renewal in Sept.
currently paying £1500 fully comp with 0 ncb on my 25! wasnt too bad at the time for taking out insurance first time on my own name in Northern Ireland ( we usually get shafted compared to mainland) ! thats with directline btw.

love the zed daz!

·
Registered
384 Posts
had a quick search but can find any info if adrian flux will cover cars in Northern Ireland?
anyone know?

insurance is due for renewal in Sept.
currently paying £1500 fully comp with 0 ncb on my 25! wasnt too bad at the time for taking out insurance first time on my own name in Northern Ireland ( we usually get shafted compared to mainland) ! thats with directline btw.

love the zed daz!
http://www.insurancewide.com/insurer_index_adrian_flux.html
Looks like they do.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
ive been driving for 3 months, i went on gocompare.com, got insurance (fully comp) on my zr 105 mk2 for £800 per year. £72 a month. do you think thats okay? I am 24 though

1 - 20 of 32 Posts