MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Despite the propoganda I feel that 300BHP in a FWD only car is asking a lot even with clever diffs. By thier own admission they are foregoing ESP and I feel that it is going to be a real handful with that much power going through the fronts only.

As for thier comments on handling? Well I remember thier foray into BTCC, it needed the expertise of Prodrive to sort it out for them. I will watch this with interest.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Despite the propoganda I feel that 300BHP in a FWD only car is asking a lot even with clever diffs. By thier own admission they are foregoing ESP and I feel that it is going to be a real handful with that much power going through the fronts only.

As for thier comments on handling? Well I remember thier foray into BTCC, it needed the expertise of Powertrain to sort it out for them. I will watch this with interest.
my thoughts exactly, I heard rumors of it being a real 4wd but I didn't think it would happen.
Looks a real beast, but I can see throttle control coming in handy to get the claimed 0-60mph time of 5.5 seconds!

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
i love it needs more green on the dah imho and im not sure about 300bho thourgh the fronts but im sure it will be a monster

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Nice!

Not liking colour... I like how they say the LSD and knuckle thingy will combat the torque steer... Hope it works, if it does should be a beast if it can get the power down!

;)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
"300bhp front-wheel drive Focus is finished."

Too right bro!

Pointless, 4wd with electronic diffs enabling RWD mode (ala skyline) and I would sell my body to purchase one.

Now the goverment will have to make the roads wider in order to compensate for the torque steer, hopefully it will torque steer in the opposite direction to the VXR to avoid the traffic light grand prix collisions.

Good looking car though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts