MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have posted this on various other sites so thought i may as well post it here too :)

Got a nice new air to air Forge intercooler for Chrimbo/Birthday.and fitted it earlier this week. Had the stainless steel piping made up for me by my local (and very very skilled) powerflow man...Phil. Heres the pics..

Now im running 21PSi and there is def a noticble difference in power. Pulls harder all the way to 4k in every gear, feels generally smoother and the exhaust note has changed slightly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i also have a powerchip, the airfilter shown in the pics and a 2.5" exhuast system from the downpipe back. As well as running 19PSi.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol no its an Intercooler.

Basically on any car you need cold air because the colder the air the more dense it is therefore the more particles of oxygen will be contained in a given volume.

On a turbo car the turbo compresses the air and forces it into the engine... however... because of compression the air increases in temperature... this is where an Intercooler comes in usefull....

Much like a radiator is cools the substance (in this case air) which passes through it. So the hot air that has been compressed is now colder and contains more oxygen per cubic mm... so therefore more power.

The larger and more efficent the Intercooler the cooler the air... also the more air that passes accross the intercooler the better it works... hence the desire to have a Front Mounted Intercooler. Just like on a Mitsu Evo.

forgive me if that doesnt make sense... im slightly pissed :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts