MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY Zed has been a bit unhealthy over the last couple of weeks and today I noticed the engine light on the dash flashing. It stopped after a while but the car was driving very badly. Waiting for the dealer to call back, but has anyone else had this and is it bad??

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
It is not likely to be very healthy. Could be any number of problems really as the warning light is a one for all type warning.

My advice would be not to drive the car unless the dealer gives you the OK to do so. If it is a serious fault (and after all it is an MG) you could just cause more damage and maybe even put yourself in danger if it were to cut out on a motorway or similair type of road.

Get 'em to pick it up and sort it and make sure they give you a car to use in the meantime.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
DriveBy said:
It is not likely to be very healthy. Could be any number of problems really as the warning light is a one for all type warning.

My advice would be not to drive the car unless the dealer gives you the OK to do so. If it is a serious fault (and after all it is an MG) you could just cause more damage and maybe even put yourself in danger if it were to cut out on a motorway or similair type of road.

Get 'em to pick it up and sort it and make sure they give you a car to use in the meantime.

ill second charlies advice

is it still under warranty???? if it is stamp and scream very loud

and dont take no for an answer :x: :x:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the Road side assisitance guy has just checked it over and can't find anything wrong, very odd. Said just book it in to the dealer to check it out. Earliest they can do is 6th Jan!
Try and do hardly any driving over xmas then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts