MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From our man Hob!!

Sorry bout all the probs peeps, but i will explain the down time.
First off the site has never been "down" or offline. The problem was with a timeout error a http code 403 i belive. The server is protected from Ddos attacks (Ddos is where a hacker uses a single computer or multiple computers (even) your own you are on, using a trogen horse etc, this posts a packet to the server asking for a request from a given "spoof" ip, since the server can never actually process the request (because its a spoof ip etc) it gets bombarded with these requests all of which it cant procces because theres no actual reply) So since this is a HUGE problem in America (FBI are notified of every attempt mostly) they have installed a script on each serer, when you timeout (for whatever reason) it blocks your IP protecting itself thinking you are an attacker with a fake IP. Now after resetting your Comp sometiime you can access the site again (because you have a New Ip). And for some they have no timed out anyway. You could also access the site by switching your Proxy, but in the end you will get a "server denied request" message,

This problem has permanatly fixed, i paid for a dedicated IP address, of which this is not a problem.

The next downtime we expirenced was DNS, since theMGZR.co.uk had resolved to the old server ip, Shared not dedicated, the site we are now on has an IP address, this will shortly resolve back to theMGZR.co.uk, however since the company switched server, they transfered the DB from the old forum, this was 3 days ago, so some were complaining of Why posts were delete, this was because new people were not using this site but the old one as the DNS was still set up for that. Hence why when we switched it seemed like your posts were deleted, they havent they were just on a different server (the old one).As fer smilies and why they were compressed this was in the code nothing we cud do. Mark (thank you no end) Has uploaded the new site to the mySQL database (which is local host on the new server (otherwise we wouldnt have had this prob)) has fixed it so nice one Mark Applause

Long Story short:- Once theMGZR.co.uk resolves to the IP address of the new server with a dedicated IP: 216.180.235.181

there will be no problems.

Sorry for the Delay peeps but it seems computers are turning against me ever since i spilt beer over my keyboard Brick wall (The server at Colledge locked me out (gonna take down their internet connection tommorrow, its run by a woman! so naturally she blocked all our login names at once Applause played love)

Feel free to post this else where if they want to know, allways frustrating when you dont know, there should be no more errors from now on, sorry for any inconvinice caused.

ok mr wide smile is comming back. grin

G

·
well done . want some dosh ? let me no, want a site sponsor let me no

top man impressed =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Bossman said:
well done . want some dosh ? let me no, want a site sponsor let me no

top man impressed =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Hi hostins fine this year got it covered :grin: as fer sponsering, not sure like the site ad free :cool: but may have a links page as the previous site :grin:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Bossman said:
wot about a banner , like totalMG type thing ??? :grin:
nahh that wud imply ownage :smile:

·
Wannabe Photoshop Guru
1,584 Posts
in my address bar it is the ip address...should it be theMGZR.co.uk instead?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Hincey said:
once it resolves

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
hob said:
Hincey said:
once it resolves
www.themgzr.co.uk was working fine yesterday but now I can only get to the site using //216.180.235.181. It`s all very confusing.

Cheers. Ewan.

·
892 Posts
smoggie said:
www.themgzr.co.uk was working fine yesterday but now I can only get to the site using //216.180.235.181. It`s all very confusing.

Cheers. Ewan.
Yes, www.themgzr.co.uk is (simply put) floating around cyberspace at the moment, waiting to atatch iteslf to the new IP address.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts