MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Got myself some foglights, surrounds, relay and dashboard switch. Question is are they easy enough to fit for a relative novice like myself or will I need to pay some more technical minded bod to do the job for me ? :?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
one_o_five said:
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

Got myself some foglights, surrounds, relay and dashboard switch. Question is are they easy enough to fit for a relative novice like myself or will I need to pay some more technical minded bod to do the job for me ? :?
An absolute doddle mate - all the wiring is already in place.

The foglamp plugs will be taped to the bottom of the spoiler. Just remove the blanking covers and feel for the wires, then connect em to the new lamps.

The switch wire will be taped at the back of the blanking plug somewhere on the dash - again just feel about for it and plug to the back of the switch.

Open the relay box in the engine bay and it shows you where the relay for the lamps needs to plug in, on the inside of the lid. (Make sure you Do actually put it into the right socket - there are two very similair - I think the other receptacle is for electric windows).

Might take twenty minutes tops.......... ;)

Only tools you need are a crosspoint screwdriver to fasten the new lamps to the bumper and something to prise the old switch blank out.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine off Ebay, ended up at 120 quid but i've since seen them go for less, chance you take at an auction I suppose. The guy that sells them on there supplies the fogs, relay, switch and colour coded bumper surrounds, all brand new. Well worth keeping an eye on Ebay for IMHO.

·
Registered
108 Posts
one_o_five said:
I got mine off Ebay, ended up at 120 quid but i've since seen them go for less, chance you take at an auction I suppose. The guy that sells them on there supplies the fogs, relay, switch and colour coded bumper surrounds, all brand new. Well worth keeping an eye on Ebay for IMHO.
Thanks - I'll keep my eyes peeled :up:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well thanks to you guys here, I ordered myself the fog kit (minus dash switch). Good price too from bestofbritishrover.

<snip from email>

2x Fog Lamps - £50.00
1x Relay - £4.00
Postage and packing - £6.50
-----------------------------
Total - £60.50
+ 17.5% (v.a.t)
Grand Total - £71.09

Now, one_o_five you mentioned "colour coded bumper surrounds". I take it the fogs will still fit ok without these?

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
hi

wondering if any1 could help
imlooking a for thefog light kit for the new mk2 zr
i looked on that bestof ritishrover.com however
the pricelist for the r25 model dosn't work it got a line through it

u sayed u got ures of that site and it looks a good price
how did u get them am i looking under the wrong bit?
will the older foglights fit the new mk2?
i dont think i need surrounds dont think the mk2 needs them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
element said:
u sayed u got ures of that site and it looks a good price
how did u get them am i looking under the wrong bit?
will the older foglights fit the new mk2?
i dont think i need surrounds dont think the mk2 needs them.
I used the email link provided, and they responded within 10 mins.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In reply to shambles, i'm assuming you have a MK1 ZR so yes they'll fit ok but you'll need the bumper surrounds to fill the gap after you've taken out the blanks and fitted yer fogs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
one_o_five said:
In reply to shambles, i'm assuming you have a MK1 ZR so yes they'll fit ok but you'll need the bumper surrounds to fill the gap after you've taken out the blanks and fitted yer fogs.
Sorry mate I didn't make clear.

Mine's a 54 plate built September [I believe] which the dealer said was the latest model. Can't say whether it's mk1 or mk2. It does however look slightly different from the other one they had on the forecourt at £750 cheaper (also 54 plate) cos the headlamp enclosure has a small plastic strip which the other doesn't.

·
1,232 Posts
Does your car look like this:

Or this:

element: Pinewood MG Rover. 01883 347724.
Part numbers:
XBJ105500 - Lamps Assembly Front Ligh US1
XBJ104410 - Lamps Assembly Front Ligh
YUG001060PMP - Switch-fog lamps
YWB000440 - Relay Changeover

1 - 17 of 17 Posts