MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
im contemplating getting viper induction kit where would be best and cheapest place to go in essex for this.
thanks

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
yeah do it yourself mate.......like donna said ten minute job, dead easy and best thing to do is shop around online.......but you're looking at big bucks brand new........around £200 with air feed £180 without

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
Very easy to fit just BEWARE! depending on where you put the intake pipe it could be dangerous!!!!!

as the Viper is a sealed unit the only way in is thought the 1 intake so you get kind of a noise vacum cleaner.....if the intake is too close to the ground (rembering the radiator is a pain to move)and you go through some deep puddle it will suck water and hydrate you engine.....very Expensive to fix!

beside Mike Satur makes a better induction kit called the Vader its meant to be better than the mighty ITG!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
some guys on here have it just below the front bumper without any probs.......just avoid big puddles.......i was going to see if theres any room to put it against the lower grill?

·
Registered
446 Posts
That Vader looks good but their will be the smae hassle with air hose, i will go and take a picof my hose and hopefully someone can suggest a better place?...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ive had a look at mine and its seems ok, im glad i did though as my hose had blew off! the aliminium had ripped off but sorted now!

·
Registered
446 Posts
TBH i woludnt pay anymore than £150 for an induction kit, the vadar may be the best but is it really worth the money for the results on the 1.4, id maybe buy it for the 160 but deffo not the 105!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok i have a 105 by the way wheres cheapest place on the net to get the viper induction greatly apreciated thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
i am in the market for a viper as well and was thinking of fitting it myself - would like to see pic's of where and how people have them fitted - cant you just pick up where the old feed was, that is what i have seen done on other cars

·
Registered
446 Posts
zoot r said:
i am in the market for a viper as well and was thinking of fitting it myself - would like to see pic's of where and how people have them fitted - cant you just pick up where the old feed was, that is what i have seen done on other cars
Its easy enough to fit and if you can get the air hose right then its even easier. I think the down side of attatching it to the original feed is its not as powerful as getting the new hose to the grill or under the car, thats what someone told me anyway. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts