MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, had my ZR a year now and its service time, contacted my local horners dealer they quoted me £230 for first service, Sounds an absolute rip of, however i want to keep my warranty so is there anywhere else i could go?! Or do i get it serviced from MG?

·
Registered
48 Posts
is ur warranty valid for 3 years? mines only got one years i think, you could do with calling up ur mg garage asking if any one else works on ur car then it invalids the warranty, or if they have another reccomended garage then that may not invalidate it

·
Registered
556 Posts
Unless it it an import it will have a 3 year warranty on a car that new.

Yes you can go to a non franchised dealer provided they follow the OEM schedule, use OE parts and have mechanics with the correct qualifications.

·
Registered
326 Posts
if u bought the car new check ure paperwork see if u get any free servicing, if not ure better off just payng for it, it was said in a previous post if u go else where anu u got future warranty problems the dealer can make life very akward

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm surprised how many times this comes up now, sorry guys for me bringing it up when I had mine! lol
My first service was £139
they let me use a car too (although it was a Rover 200)
hoovered inside, wish they cleaned the outside like some people got in there service! :grin:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just booked my 105 in for its first service, £150 all in. I'm not arguing cos I know its a good dealer and they'll do it right.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts