MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just been quoted £183.50 by Rover MG Doncaster for my service booked for late March.

It seems quite lot to say my dads New mondeo only cost £130 a couple of weeks ago. What did you guys pay for yours and what garage did you take it to?

Thanks,

Blake.

G

·
That sounds about righgt for a first service. Will vary from place to place around the country depending on what the labour charges are

·
3,634 Posts
Sounds not to bad to me m8y !! Some peeps have paid up to £200 !! Though worth a ring round a couple of dealers first !!! I paid £160 at mine !!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I posted this earlier. I just booked my 105 in for its 1st service.

Dixon Rover Barnsley - £159, all in, including courtesy car. (thats where it's goin', cos I bought it from there and they were 2nd cheapest after below)
Eric Stead Rover - Ecclesfield £155 inc car
Perrys Rover Rotherham £171 inc car
JCT600 Rover Wakefield £197.50 inc car.

I think the dealer in Doncaster is also Dixon's isn't it? Ask em why they are more expensive than their Barnsley Depot. Dixons offer a price match on servicing, so draw that to their attention as well. I had a leaflet sent through from them to that effect, reminding me that the service was due.

Well worth ringing round cos prices do vary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
DriveBy said:
I posted this earlier. I just booked my 105 in for its 1st service.

Dixon Rover Barnsley - £159, all in, including courtesy car. (thats where it's goin', cos I bought it from there and they were 2nd cheapest after below)
Eric Stead Rover - Ecclesfield £155 inc car
Perrys Rover Rotherham £171 inc car
JCT600 Rover Wakefield £197.50 inc car.

I think the dealer in Doncaster is also Dixon's isn't it? Ask em why they are more expensive than their Barnsley Depot. Dixons offer a price match on servicing, so draw that to their attention as well. I had a leaflet sent through from them to that effect, reminding me that the service was due.

Well worth ringing round cos prices do vary.
I think i'll take mine to Dixons too, and avoid JCT600! £160 quid isn't much for a first service to be honest, i was expecting worse.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Dixon Bsly Tel no is 01226 246000 to save you lookin' it up. The guy on the service Desk is called Bob, he is a sound guy. maybe if we can get one or two of us from the forum using them, we will get a better deal. :up:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The free servicing was an optional offer from MGR for a while.

I didn't take that up and got a much better deal on purchase price instead that will still see me better off in the big picture. :up:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I took mine to Perry's in Rotherham mate, paid £150 and a few pence but didn't need a courtesy car. Top service department and very helpful generally too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use Dixon Rover in Doncaster mate, had 3rd service done recently. My 1st service was about that, 2nd bit cheaper, and 3rd back to that again, but I had a voucher saving £40 from the back of a sainsburys reciept!

I rung round before my first service, tried Leeds MG dealers as I work at Leeds, but found them dearer or the same, so stuck with Dixon. I have noticed they offer a better customer service lately than a couple of years ago, seems spot on now.

You can save yourself an easy tenner on the 1st service, they will automatically include and charge for a new battery in remote locking, £5, and a "top up oil" which they leave in car, again £5, request they dont do this and tenner cheaper!

Also, if you say you want it ready ASAP, make an excuse up, then when they ring you, say you won;t be able to get there while late afternoon after all, they will normally wash it and maybe even valet inside for you, all free of charge!

Only thing that I don;t like about Dixons is that to get a courtesy car you need to book about 2 months in advance, or they are all "booked up", and they will charge you £15 "admin fee" for a courtesy car! Apart from that there fine!

·
Registered
775 Posts
just would not pay a garage to service me car cause they all rip you off all you really get is a stamp in the book for ya money, ive sent cars in before marked the parts and when i get it back still got the old parts on, so if you take yours in mark stuff like air filter, oil filter, plugs, ect and ask them to show you wot has been done, and ask to see the old parts before they start,

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
If your Zed is not inspected by an authorised MG dealership come service time, and uses authentic MG parts your warranty becomes null and void.

Note, this does not mean the service has to be actually serviced by an MG dealer, but an MG without a full MG service history will be less appealing, compared to one with the full MG-SH to a buyer come sales time.

£185 I paid for my service, 5 day wait to get it in and a free courtesy car.

Just part of owning a new MG...

If you have doubts about the cars being serviced, ask to watch them do it. You pays ya money you makes ya choice.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
£205 from EMG in epsom, but tbh im too lazy to go else where :( but i got a free bottle of oil, so not all bad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts