MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mum just came into to talk to me about the 25 as its going in again when im home to get the central locking replaced under the warranty!
warranty is up at the start of sept and she suggested about changing the car come sept just to get another one with a years warranty....thought thats a good idea but il prob end up in a **** heap saying the 25 will prob be worth pennies, but she says i know how much you've been looking a zr so il add the extra £ come sept to get you one. :thumbsup:
over the moon at the min! just hope everything goes to plan!

now trying to decide if i should go for a 105 or 120? 160 will be out of the question as il be 19 with only 1 years ncb so dont want to even think about the insurance! :rant:
is 120 insurance much more than a 105?

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
thats great news mate! :D

get a 120 ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
i did quotes for both 105s and 120s and there was only about £100 - £200 in it. so my advise would be to get a 120 ;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh would be happy with a 120 but not sure what the insurance will be like...dont want to add any more onto it really as my dad pays for that and dont want him to think im talkin the piss! lol
and its back to the mk1 vs mk2 thing dont no what to go for..... leaning towards the mk1 as it will be slightly cheaper and think they look that bit better, still love the mk2 tho they have grown on me!

·
Registered
92 Posts
well theres your answer then. buy a mk1 and if you want to just change the front/rear bumper/tailgate and other bits and bobs if you change your mind. still would be cheaper then out right buying a mk2 anyway :D

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would you say a 1.4 (84-89bhp) 2004 25 with 25k on clock would be worth around 1.5-2k?

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
buy a 120 without a doubt pal, such a masssive difference!

i was absolutely sick of my 105 and the 120 was 10000x nicer to drive! totally transformed the car. its just a really really nice car to drive, smooth as you like. 105 i do not find a very nice drive, lacks power low down too much.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like il be after a mk1 120 then...not that fussed on the colour just be glad to finally own a zr lol

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
you can only just get a straight mk1 for 3k, tbh you wont find many decent ones for under £3500. if you buy a mk2 for 3k chances are it will be a sh1tter.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
Just gotta look rory, i saw one on there teh other day a 2006 105, for 4k
thats not 3k though, big difference in zeds between 3 and 4k.

ive had my eye on autotrader 2-3k range and not much good comes up tbh, any mk2 that is in that range you can be pretty sure its a write off and been repaired on the cheap or something.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
yeah i guess, car prices are quite high around here as well which doesnt help. whenever i see a bargain its always in scotland lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts