MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The drinks are on me!

After about a year of messing about, trying to make my mind up as to what car i wanted I ended up returning to my original choice..the MG

Managed to get a 54 plate, mk2 1.4+ Zr in silver for £3000 and it only has 19k on the clock, good deal??

Needs a bit of work, looks like the previous owner tried to do some DIY moding to the front grill and messed it up abit, but that and a missing fog light is all it needs (plus a good clean in and out!) put a deposit down today and should be picking it up this weekend, as long as the RAC car check goes ok that is!

Leon

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
great deal if all is well DO A HPI CHECK NOOOOWWWWWWWWWW as i found out they usually dont tell yo everythin

good luck matey

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
great deal if all is well DO A HPI CHECK NOOOOWWWWWWWWWW as i found out they usually dont tell yo everythin

good luck matey
+1 when i was looking at my celica i done 5 hpi checks on potential cars and only one came back clean

·
7,920 Posts
because its very cheap, isnt usually a good thing

a mk2 ZR, with 19k on the clock for £3000?

Alarm bells should be deafening you TBH

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
because its very cheap, isnt usually a good thing

a mk2 ZR, with 19k on the clock for £3000?

Alarm bells should be deafening you TBH
he's doing the right thing getting an rac check on it though

·
Fails at polls
2,360 Posts
And another worring thing is that is only done 19k, on a 54 plate, might have spent its time sitting in a body garage waiting for parts to fix it up...

Get it checked out, as thats very cheap, also what spec model is it, basic, trophy or SE?

You rarely see them below £4k for this plate, especially with that sort of mileage, if it does turn out all well, then you've got yourself a bargain, shouldnt loose a penny on if for a year or two...

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
And another worring thing is that is only done 19k, on a 54 plate, might have spent its time sitting in a body garage waiting for parts to fix it up...

Get it checked out, as thats very cheap, also what spec model is it, basic, trophy or SE?

You rarely see them below £4k for this plate, especially with that sort of mileage, if it does turn out all well, then you've got yourself a bargain, shouldnt loose a penny on if for a year or two...
my mums 206 is a 54 plate and has 7300 miles on it and it. could easily have been a second car he is buying, but is allready doing an rac check which as craig180 will tell you is very very thorough

·
Fails at polls
2,360 Posts
my mums 206 is a 54 plate and has 7300 miles on it and it. could easily have been a second car he is buying, but is allready doing an rac check which as craig180 will tell you is very very thorough
Fair enough, as my mum has an 03 ka with 12k on the clock, however with these sort of cars, they dont tend to be second cars, as I told my mate to be suspicious of a 182 he was going to buy the other day with low miles, turned out to be a CAT C...

Low miles some time can usually be a tell tale sign that it could be a dumpee, as like I already said they spend their time in body shop waiting for parts to come along, which would be even more so with a mk2 zr, with body panels in high demand...

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Fair enough, as my mum has an 03 ka with 12k on the clock, however with these sort of cars, they dont tend to be second cars, as I told my mate to be suspicious of a 182 he was going to buy the other day with low miles, turned out to be a CAT C...

Low miles some time can usually be a tell tale sign that it could be a dumpee, as like I already said they spend their time in body shop waiting for parts to come along, which would be even more so with a mk2 zr, with body panels in high demand...
yeah i understand what you are saying, thats why when i was buying my celica i took a couple of mechanics along, first one i looked at was a complete ****ter and if it wasnt from the mechanics having been there i might have bought it, always best to get ti checked out first of all

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fair if its genuine you gota bargain , i got my mk1 on a 54 plate last year with 12k on the clock for £5995, it was pretty much brand new tho!

Nice 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts