MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mate, Do you sell any lowering springs for the ZR that drop the car about 20-25mm??

Iv got avo's on at the mo and the cars too low! :wallb:

Also did you send them Momo red pedals i brought last week?

Cheers mate :up:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Just butting in , yes he does around £110 i think i paid off him for avos 35mm drop, call banshee, normally in stock, hope this helps

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Iv already got AVO's! Want to get rid of them, i need springs that have about a 20mm drop. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! LOL ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
whoops sorry missed that, to low i say to low , is that cause of you body kit, i use some spring assisters once to get my golf 10mm higher and they worked fine, just an idea,

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh the bodykit is too low!
Where did you get your spring assisters from???? would be handy to bump the avos up by 10mm

·
Registered
775 Posts
i got them from deamon tweeks but im sure i saw some in halfords the other week in the towing area , they are just bands of rubber the slide in the coil stifferns and just slightly raises the car , lowered me golf to much a few years back and they just bumped it up 10mm and stopped it scrubbing in the arch, :up:

ps. think they were £15 for 2

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
xpower :D eicbach (spelling)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Hi Mate

The X Power ones are Eibach springs, I thought they lowered more than 20mm (was just reading your other post). We sell the Eibach springs, but I will check with them as to the exact amount they think they will drop.

As to your pedals, I will check with Des, as I know he had to order them in (sold the last set just a few weeks before LOL).

Steve

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've got the same problem as limit ! I've dropped 35mm plus I have the cadamuro and I think I might need to raise it a touch or two. Even your bog standard pot hole is a challenge sometimes.

Another way round this issue though is to get 18s or 19s fitted ! As this'll raise it...won't it ?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh i was thinking of 19" but i might get them spacers to raise the springs

Zoom thanks for that info ill take a look in halfords

G

·
MikeyG said:
I've got the same problem as limit ! I've dropped 35mm plus I have the cadamuro and I think I might need to raise it a touch or two. Even your bog standard pot hole is a challenge sometimes.

Another way round this issue though is to get 18s or 19s fitted ! As this'll raise it...won't it ?
Not if you get the correct profile. If you get to large a profile for the wheel it will increase your rolling radius, make your speedo under read (dangerous), reduce your top speed and reduce your accelleration. You my well find that with the drop and the increased diameter you will suffer rub points as with the proper profile it is close. A bigger profile WILL touch.

The other option is to get some custom springs made if you dont want coilovers. Depending as well how 'safe' yopu want to be, I have known some peopl take the orginal springs and cut them until they get the required drop but this is a well dodgy thing to do.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If this is any help..................

It says in the Xpower Catalogue "the average reduction in the ride height is 20mm front and back". (This refers to the Xpower/Eibach springs)

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KAFF113 said:
If this is any help..................

It says in the Xpower Catalogue "the average reduction in the ride height is 20mm front and back". (This refers to the Xpower/Eibach springs)
Nice one thanks mate :up:

·
Registered
227 Posts
The reason the Xpower springs lower 20mm is that they're designed to lower the Rover 25 -35mm. As the ZR is lower than the 25 by about -15mm then if you buy lowering springs for the 25 then that shoujld solve your problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts