MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what nightlife is like there? (compared to Essex!!)

We are thinking of moving up there, found some lovely houses, its going to be about 10 miles from coventry / wolves / birmingham etc, plenty of room for the horses etc, but just wondering a few things!

Is it easy to get to? Any decent clubs? Expensive nights out?? Ive had a look at Walsall Uni too, probably just going to do another course at college first, before i go Uni..

Any help is much appreciated!! (oh, and when the houses here an scotland are sold, theres money leftover for the zed!!!!!!!!)

:mrgreen: :up: :wohow: :bash:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!! wicked!!!

Was going to be going to Walsall Uni this year anyhoo, and had a look round Wolverhampton town etc. Didnt seem too bad. Nice to know its abit cheaper.. had enough of paying £4 for a bottle of VK down here.. LOL! Hope theres loadsa raves n stuff that happen up there, would really miss that!!

chris : no am not rich, hense moving somewhere where way of life is a tiny lil bit cheaper for me (as in going out lol) and bigger house/more land for cheaper an can have the hawhees with us rather than a few miles away :(

·
1,443 Posts
Birmingham's a shit hole and is definitely on a par with London. Ive been there twice and thought i was out on the piss in the bronx. I'm not a racist, but it's spot the white man in Birmingham.

Lots of black gun crime and wannabe gangsters. No thank you!!!

The coventry area would be your best bet.

The brummie accent would do your tits in aswell :x:

Gods kitchen is in B'ham but not to my taste

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cant disagree with cheapness. duno bout the friendlyness ;) LOL only kidding..

One of my best mates is from Wolverhampton, love the accent too!! Just hope i dont lose mine.. love my essex accent now. better than the scottish one i used to have hehe :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mitchy said:
Birmingham's a shit hole and is definitely on a par with London. Ive been there twice and thought i was out on the piss in the bronx. I'm not a racist, but it's spot the white man in Birmingham.

Lots of black gun crime and wannabe gangsters. No thank you!!!

The coventry area would be your best bet.

The brummie accent would do your tits in aswell :x:

Gods kitchen is in B'ham but not to my taste
lol.. my mum is from birmingham, her accents annoying.. :p Yeah thinking of moving somewhere thats like 10 miles from coventry/birmingham etc..

Know what you mean about Birmingham, theres like a mosque on every corner pretty much. Still got a lot of family from there. So you sayin Brum is sh*te nightlife too?

·
1,443 Posts
Not saying the night lifes shite as it has gods kitchen and plenty of other decent clubs. I found myself always watching my back which is not a good thing when your in a strange place pissed up. In 1 place i was asked 3 times from 3 different coloured men if i wanted Coke/E and speed.

It does have a huge drugs/gun/crime problem hence the reason i would never think about moving there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah know what you mean, i think northernish accents on blokes are gorgeous.. probably comes from being scottish lol. Think id like to keep this one now!!

Hoping to move to Ayia Napa, Cyprus in a few years anyway.. Nightlife and HEAT!

·
1,443 Posts
Nice Edinburgh accent myself ;) :bash: Where abouts in scotland did you pick up your scots accent?

South Wales/Devon/B'ham and the scally scouse accent i don't like. Scottish/Irish and N.England especially the whay aye (geordie) accents are cool. My missus is a londoner :oops: suppose i'm used to the cockney accent now, lol

What kinda milkshake you drinking ;)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mitchy said:
Not saying the night lifes shite as it has gods kitchen and plenty of other decent clubs. I found myself always watching my back which is not a good thing when your in a strange place pissed up. In 1 place i was asked 3 times from 3 different coloured men if i wanted Coke/E and speed.

It does have a huge drugs/gun/crime problem hence the reason i would never think about moving there.
Yeah i guess it is bad, but Essex and London is just as bad.. Someone at a rave last night thought my bottle was a bong ffs. lol. Is it all like techno stuff up there or they into their rnb/hip hop/garage stuff too?

·
1,443 Posts
In your avatar?? What you sucking on? LOL......Looks like a M/shake.

Loch Lomonds a nice place, have been there quite a few times and i'm up there again next summer for a concert at balloch castle. Love the weegie accent on a girl. Sexy :oops:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL... Its a Screaming Orgasm.. no milkshake there! lol..

Yeah Loch Lomonds lovely. lived in Balloch (if you know it) Dad lives in Dumbarton.. all good! Glaswegian accent aint 2 bad.. Edinburgh accent is jus posher i think lol :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mitchy can you please cut the slagging off please of Birmingham and sorrounding areas,M8,at the end of the day you do not live round here so hardly think you are 100% to qualify on advising people who are thinking of moving around here.I actually live in Walsall,and yes just like a lot of places all have problems,sure youre hometown is no different really.
So would be grateful if you stop it with the slagging off please,Thank You.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol yeah Wolverhampton Uni, Walsall Campus :D

Was waiting for you to post!! Female from Wolves!! lol. Yeah like i said bout nighlife in london cant be better than up there.. more drugs etc down here im sure! lol!!

Wanna keep my accent but wolves is yummy!! Got a job offer too in the 4 crosses lol.. sorted!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rach Walsall has got an annexe type building of W'ton Uni,jus up road from me on the Broadway,the Walsall Campus of the Uni.
Donna if you're serious about advice me or Rachael are better equipped to help you rather than others who dont even live round here.
U got my MSN

·
Registered
249 Posts
Rach you thick cow,not Walsall Tech,Walsall Campus down on the Broadway............you know it.........!!!

Head in the clouds.......she from W'hall excuse her,pmsl :wallb: :wallb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts