MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my MOT and it failed only on emissions, quite badly too. I have a Janspeed backbox and centre pipe and standard cat. The guy said it seemed like there was no cat there, but there is!

Does anyone have a clue what it might be?

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
lol mine just passed with janspeed sports cat u need to warm it up before it goes in and get him to keep it on about 2k for a while, unless your car is overfueling or could be due to many other factors, hole in the exhuast etc?

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
lol mine just passed with janspeed sports cat u need to warm it up before it goes in and get him to keep it on about 2k for a while, unless your car is overfueling or could be due to many other factors, hole in the exhuast etc?
gotta make sure it goes straight in as well..

TBH mine with a Mafnex 5x3 on the back only just passed its emmissions...

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Mine too, failed the first time but just got in by 0.1 whatever it is too. I took it for a right blast before though.

I wonder if you ask the tester if they will do the emissions test first as its usually one of the last testa they carry out....:shutup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
What were the readings from the emissions? i'm a tester and i always do the emissions first!i've had cars fail on lambda readings if they have a large bore tailpipe before due to it picking up oxygen from the probe not going far enough into the exhaust system! it could be you have a small hole in the exhaust system

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
am i best takin it somewhere to ind out an exact answer then?
Let us know if you want it looking at mate should have brought it to us for test lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.