MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate has a honda, cant remember the model they r the 2 seater things, he has just got a new zorst for it 2day and it sounds absolutely umberlievable. Built by supersprint or something, it was deafining tbh.

So to that end I want to make my magnex oval (xpower) louder, I dont understand zorsts v much, do they have a silencer which I can remove or do I have to get a de-cat?

Where can I get one from, and how much..

Cheers :)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
the baffles are partially removed i think.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
you can get a spoets cat for it bit I dont know is it makes it any louder.......normaly sports back boxes are straight through....this making them louder.....

·
989 Posts
simple way to get more noise form ya zorst ...

get a bit of pipe and replace your center silencer ( before the cat) plus the cat itself ( add a third lambda sensor under your passenger seat ) ...

That should increase the sound by about 10 times.

Ive got a 5inch slash magnex and its fuckin unbilievable ... sets car alarms off when i roll past ...

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
but if its too loud you run the risk of failing, MOT, being pulled etc

·
Registered
266 Posts
ah so there is a centre silencer! a mate of mine (who drives a ford ka) told me theres none on the r25/zr, wait til i tell him

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
it goes, manifold>cat>midpipe>exhaust box

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahh i c, so i cud i remove the silencer but leave the cat in? that way it wouldn't be illegally loud and there wud be no probs with mot?

·
989 Posts
im not sure wether removing the silencer would do any damage to the cat ... it would make a decent noise increase but you might get a engine management light on.

i would either remove the cat or both ...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Full downpipe, decat and bigger back box will be TOO loud on a normally aspirated car!!!

Most MOT places will replace a cat for the test, just give them £20 or so to fit and take back out before and after the test.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
tbourner said:
Full downpipe, decat and bigger back box will be TOO loud on a normally aspirated car!!!

Most MOT places will replace a cat for the test, just give them £20 or so to fit and take back out before and after the test.
yea but on a NA car its better to have a sports cat thatn de-cat

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still need a answer peeps !

How much would I be looking at for the silencer removed and a de-cat ? :D

·
989 Posts
it cost me about 30 quid to have a bit of pipe made so it could replace the cat ....

then it would cost me a tenner to replace it when it came to mot etc.

but i had trouble with the engine management and decided to go back to standard ... this weekend im in the process of fitting a third lambda sensor to eliminate this so ill see what hapens...

i say the louder the better ... also when u aint got a cat on it backfires when you use ya gears to slow down ... it sounds fuckin awsome.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
BoRoLaD said:
sounds good!

whats a lambda?

do i need one like?
erm there fitted as standard they measure the C02 emissions and make shure they are within the manufacturers specifications, if they arnt the ecu runs into safe mode (engine light comes on) and it restricts performace, you can eliminate this by getting a janspeed eliminator which stops this.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
i say the louder the better ... also when u aint got a cat on it backfires when you use ya gears to slow down
mines does too, but using your gears to slow down isnt really good for the gearbox is it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts