MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a custom pg1 short shift and the exhaust is rattling off it.....

its only a 20mm insert and i had to bend the weight up a bit so that didnt catch...i thought it was gonna be ok but when i took it out for a drive turns out its hitting right under where the lever fastens to the linkage rod..

can anyone suggets a way of fixing this plz!!

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
take your exhaust off :D

errrm get longer rubbers for the exhaust so it sits lower?

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
thing with that mate i just fitted shorter poly bushes to stop the exhaust hitting the rear beam.....
Ahhh, take it to a garage and ask them what they can do with it?

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
ive taken it back of for now....migth just sell it on tbh
dont give up mate, its not a massive problem aslong as it goes in every gear,

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what a bore :p
feel free to come to my house, crawl under the car while its a foot off the floor, fit it, find its rattling off the exhaust, run out of light, drive it to work and back wth it rattling liek hell and almost burnign ur hand when u change gear, get under the car again, take it off, bang this, bend that, fit it again, find its still banging, logically look at it and say, yea, its 20mm lower, the exhaust is there, i dont fancy dropping the exhaust cos itll just bang off the rear beam again, crawl under the foot high car again and take it off, fit the orginal lever and then let someone call u boring for deciding that u dont want a burnt hand or annoying bangin everytime u drive over a stone....

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it wasnt the weight that touched.....it was the bracket that the lever clamps too...it touched rigth underneath the lever....plus my rod and weigth is differnt to urs....

im guessing the zr linkage rod is deiffernt to the 25 rod...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.