MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going round a roundabout this morning booted it to get past a car and thought the exhaust had totally fallen off, but its only the back box come away from the pipe.
Is this normal after a few years?
What should i do to get home leave it hanging on the rubber things or take it off?:wall:

·
1,010 Posts
Mine snapped recently. I left mine on an it didn't fall off, but I did find myself looking in my mirrors a lot more!

:)

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Very common thing to happen.
Sounds like a beast though I bet!

You may aswell remove it from the grommets at it's not doing anything as it is and could fall off at any moment.

Either get a new one (good reason to upgrade too) or get it welded up

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are not having any luck with that car are you?
Nope im not :rant:

I am not buying a new one, i will have to see if it can be clamped up till i go to dads and can get it welded at end of month.

I might try and get it out of the rubber so im not checking my mirrors hahahah

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very common thing to happen.
Sounds like a beast though I bet!

You may aswell remove it from the grommets at it's not doing anything as it is and could fall off at any moment.

Either get a new one (good reason to upgrade too) or get it welded up
Yeh sounds wicked might just leave it lol
Sounds like a scooby!

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
its perfectly normal, its god telling you to get a janspeed 6x4 oval.........

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
its so worth doing, stainless has a lifetime guarantee, you might think you are saving money by getting an o/e one, but its money down the drain if it rusts through again in 2 years time lol!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
its so worth doing, stainless has a lifetime guarantee, you might think you are saving money by getting an o/e one, but its money down the drain if it rusts through again in 2 years time lol!
exactly, anything goes wrong with the s/s one just take it back and get it fixed foc

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nope i will not buy a new one unless someone has a money tree growing i could use.
I'll just take it off untill i end of next month be fine!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If i drive around without it on for a few weeks will it do any damage like pull any more of it off?
Use more fuel or anything?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts