MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sugarmom
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to exeter for a few days on sunday with my dog - does anyone know of any nice places there Id be able to visit with her?

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
oh dear god - you are close to possibly the best dog walking in the country!

I lived in Plymouth for 6 years - 5 of which i had a border collie, and i covered miles and miles (up to 7 mile walks on a sunday)
You must get deep into Dartmoor, such as poundsgate, buckland in the moor, two bridges, princetown, haytor and also check out the beaches, Exmouth is close, but quite 'touristy' and might not allow dogs, dawlish and teignmouth are also nice - but by far the best trip you can do on a nice day is to head down the A38 to bantham, - walk over to burgh island (if the tide is out) if not head up the cliffs, and take in some of the views- but thats a whole day out!

I could go on and on, the best thing to do is buy a book (or download) on Pub Walks, circular walks that start and finish at a country pub, there are loads of them.

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
no worries - if you want any more info about the area pm me before close of business tomorrow as i am off line after then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts