MG ZR Forums banner

England Goalkeeper, who should we have ?

• Nigel Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Robinson

• Couldn't care less - they're all crap

England Goalkeeper ? POLL

1K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  JayJay 
#1 ·
After Mr James' sterling performance on Saturday night. :-& :-&

Is he fit to carry on (rhetorical question) or who do we replace him with ?

(Unfortunately Billy the Fish is not a real person, so is unlikely to qualify)

#11 ·
tbh dunno why James is No1 in the 1st place?? :confused:
we all knew he was nick named calamity James from the days of Liverpool.

Robinson is the best English GK at the mo.

Kirkland has this big reputation as the next best successor... lol even though he doesn't play..soo how can he b, not even proven GK @ the highest level.
Walker.... hmm even hes better than James and hes in Div one now.

#13 ·
Apologies for possibly missing out someones favourite keeper, I was just trying to keep the list more manageable, hence the "they're all crap" option.

Kirkland IS good, but probably too injury prone, that's why I didn't list him.

Ian Walker, is on the fringes anyway.

One point that I did find ridiculous was made in the studio on Sky after the match, by Andy Gray and Teddy Sherringham.

I think Richard Keys asked "Why not play Paul Robinson or Nigel Martyn".
The reply was - because they don't have enough experience !!!!

Firstly - they both have LOADS of experience as Premier league keepers - alledgedly the best league in the World.

Secondly - How the hell do you get international experience, without playing in internationals ?

Thirdly - who told David James he was a goalkeeper anyhow? Who is his coach, Billy Smart ?

My personal choice would be Paul Robinson. Young and hungry for success and very talented.

I have no biased interest in his selection either, I am a Blade's supporter - our keeper is Irish (and erratic).

#16 ·
chrisyjuk said:
I have no biased interest in his selection as I am a Blade's supporter and our keeper is Irish.
And fat 8-[

Not that being a Leeds fan makes my opinion biased ;)
Listen - he may be fat, but he didn't lose any weight when we played your lot recently - you never gave him anything to do.

He was in his deckchair reading the Sunday paper most of the match :lol:

We could have played goalie-wag :grin: :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.