MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how my car just started jerking one day whilst trying to accelrate, then next day engine sounds tappety as hell, then next day Engine warning light starts flashing like mad and now its booked into Dealers for repairs saying its a serious problem!!

Whats goin on?!? :wallb:

·
2,039 Posts
Could be a number of things to cause the light to come on mate, but at least its booked in to the dealers to be sorted.........they should be able to tell you what caused it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah luckily it is under warranty. But i cant even get a courtesy car to get to work and im not on a bus route, meaning fault with car has fucked my life up for a few days. Not happy :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One day after car has gone i couldnt contain myself after not being allowed a courtesy car and them not even telling me how long they need my car in for, so let off some steam with customer service and strangely enough car is fixed and ready for pick up 2 hours later!

Even changed my hub and wheel bearings under warranty :up:

Engine prob was caused by faulty HT leads and were simply replaced.

Sorted (for now...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had that on mine the day after i bought it from the dealership it had only done a 100miles!! it killed my speedo aswell though it said i was doing 150mph sitting still!!!! turned out to be a relay apparently

·
Registered
23 Posts
mines just had the ECU replaced and the garage has no clue what it could be, turn the key...the engine light comes on and fades away and the car doesnt start, it was cutting out for a few days though and its nbeen in the garage a week they dnt know what it is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts