MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and my m8 were talking lastnight about what im going to do with my z when my insurance drops. so we got thinkin about a engine swap :-k . then he came up with the idea :idea: of the engine out of a ROVER 22O TURBO COUPE \:D/ but my question is would it fit [-o< and be worth the hasle of doing it :-k .

thanks chris

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
theres a rover 200 round my way running a 600Ti lump. fecking quick.

·
Registered
890 Posts
has he destroyed his sump yet? Cause the 620Ti sump has an alloy sump and is deeper than the 220.

It will fit, but its going to be a pain in the back side due to the immobilization of the 5AS in your car. The wiring loom will be very different and need to be custom made to fit.
You'll need an entire coupe turbo as a donor car due to using the subframe etc.

Basically if you're planning on doing it yourself, its going to be an utter ball ache.

If you look up Sie on this forum, he had his mk3 converted to a turbo, but the cost of the insurance may shock you. he's paying almost 2 grand as most companies don't really like conversions.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
not yet i dont think anyway. this is the car i'm on about,

some of you might of heard of a guy called Granty from Lynn, he used to have a MG meastro turbo, now got a 420 GSi running a 600Ti lump as well, he told me about those probs you have just said. but i think he got round it somehow, cant remember how he said though.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
there any difference in the internals then?

yeh its a well sweet car, totally one off interior, he did it all himself. he used to have a 220Tomcat with N2O, red one with ferrari rear lights.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
there arwe a few engines that can fit the coup will fit as will the KV6 they are two of them and there are member on the site with them but both conversions cost ££££££££££££££££££

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i know it will cost a few ££££££ but i think it will b worth if when its done and im riding around in something not many pll have got. like i said its only talk at the mo but it would b nice to know what COULD go in

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol bet that shifted. what would b a rather straight swap or would take a bit of work gettin in, i would b buyin the complete car as a dona car. what engine do you know of that ppl hav put in them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts