MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my engine start button installed and working thanks to the guide, which is very well written thanks :)

next step is to get the LED working, basically i would ideally want it to light up only when the button is "live", ie when the key is switched to position 2 to turn the ignition on, and then extinguish again when the engine is started, since i only need to see the button lit up when i can actually press it to start the engine.

i was thinking i could possibly wire it to the EML light so that it comes on when the EML does a bulb check, which stays on until the engine is started, any advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

if anyone has an engine start button with an LED could you give me some details of how youve got your LED wired up?

thanks to anyone in advance for advice :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bumpety bump, really wanting to have a go at this today while the weather is scorchio :) any help is greatly appreciated! im clueless on wiring diagrams etc so i cant figure it out myself lol :(

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
wire it into your secondary ignition feed, same feed you took the button from, that way it will light up when there is power to the button

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wire it into your secondary ignition feed, same feed you took the button from, that way it will light up when there is power to the button
but that will mean the button will stay on even when the engine is running wont it?

basically i want it to switch off when the engine is started, if this isnt possible though this could be a good 2nd option cheers

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
ah rite yeah i get what you mean, sorry my mistake, you will prob be best taking a feed of one of your dash lights but make sure u put it through a relay

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
sounds to complicated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts