MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
....as above, when your at traffic lightsthe car judders like mad in 1st, between 1500rpm and 1200rpm then its fine, if your rolling in traffic and its in 1st gear it doesnt do it...so!!! i opened the bonnet,and got alice to drive off slowly so i could see whats goin on, its the engine rocking back an forth, not badly but enuff for the rubber engine mounts to shunt back an 4th....i noticed on the engine mount nxt to the powersteering has a slight hole that has sort of been spitting some brown liquid on to the cam cover and under the powersteering resivour , i'll get pics up in a little bit but ive got a very big suspision that thats whats caused the sump engine stabilizer to snap off the other week ??? has anyone got any ideas of how much a new engine mount is or can you get upgraded engine mounts , the bottom arms on front have powerflex brushes already installed.

Cheers
Mike & Alice...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on people, can some 1 point us in the right direction ie links were i can get a engine mount or upgraded engine mounts???????? the quicker the better :D :D :D :D
dont really feel safe with alice an me driving about with little jack(1 yrs old), cos if it breaks on the motorway then all 3 of us are in trouble :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i changed the gearbox and its got a new clutch kit .... and hyper chick.. i dont think its doing what you described, thats just poor clutch control in slow moving traffic, no offence mate :D :D nightshade - Its the same everytime everyday , doesnt matter if its cold or warm it does it loads, but ive noticed today that if you apply more right foot the car near enuff stops but only does it a little bit, but you sound like an old person when you start driving off lol

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Mine actually did this once but not had it since. Was a bit strange tbh. I hope someone knows the answer to this problem for you mate. Might be something I have to look out for in the future.

Free bumperingsssss

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine, but in 1 - 4 gears a slights judderness after changing gear and then accelarating. I bought myself a new set of spark plugs and it seems to have done the trick. Hope this helps :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont understand if its the sparkplugs, maby the timing might be out a little bit, but soon as i changed the box an clutch its started, ive got a feeling its the diff in the box thats knackered and the engine mount is damaged :D i'll have a go at changing the timing a little bit when i got a free day :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will do :D but atm im in the middle of moving house FINALLY with Alice and everything has sort of been rushed :D but to make me happy im goin to clean it up better than before :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.