MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mg zr 105 from arnold clark 2 weeks ago. I thought it wasnt running properly so took it back to them last night. Got a phone call a min ago and it needs a new engine :O im soooooooo in shock. I dont know what to do luckly its under warrenty but i dont know if i want to ask for my money bk

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
I bought a mg zr 105 from arnold clark 2 weeks ago. I thought it wasnt running properly so took it back to them last night. Got a phone call a min ago and it needs a new engine :O im soooooooo in shock. I dont know what to do luckly its under warrenty but i dont know if i want to ask for my money bk
It needs a new engine?! WTF?!?!

Find out exactly what's wrong with it Daz, hope you can still make it to the show :(

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
if they put a brand new engine in under warrnanty then your sorted, if not get your money back, i doubt it need a new engine, was it head gasket failure?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im waiting for the manager at arnold clark to phone back. Think im just going to get my money back. im still in shock i thought it was just a spark plug that needed changing. :O cant believe it

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
i dont see the problem if they are putting abrand new engine in it looks like your quids in ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still it makes you question other aspects of the car. I just feel taken advantage of, the car was ment to be approved from them when i bought it. They surely couldnt over look this kind of problem

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
new engine stick with it, no new engine get money bk including deposit, but for them to say that means major problem, something they should of picked up on

·
Registered
342 Posts
which Arnold Clark was it? My bro works for them so if it's his and he sold you the motor then I might be able to see what's going on.

Alex.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Xanda your in West Midlands he bought it from edinburgh and got it looked at in livingston so doubt there is much ur bro can do

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it was the arnold clark on seafield road in edinburgh. :( iv just been off the phone with the manager and he is calling up the livingston branch where the car is now

·
Registered
342 Posts
Xanda your in West Midlands he bought it from edinburgh and got it looked at in livingston so doubt there is much ur bro can do
thanks for reminding me where I am but my brother works in Kircaldy otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. I'm perfectly aware he is from Edinburgh ;)

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
Bull****.

If you've got a 30 day warranty then of course you can get your money back.
they are saying he cant cause he bought the car and was happy with its condition, so whats the point in paying over inflated prices to get a car from arnold clark, may aswell just buy private

1 - 20 of 54 Posts