MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
:(
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I was thinking today about wanting a diesal car but wanting to keep my car! so my question is is it easy to drop the td engine in, but also then I thought about another idea.

Can you take the cdti engine out of the zt and put that in, would it fit, would it be an easy task well as easy as engine conversions get.

what sort of bhp would you have with the zt engine in it!

thanks

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lance had it done and IIRC it was a total ball ache converting from petrol to diesel. Means changing almost everything including fuel tank, etc.
Right ok, I would give that a miss then lol, but if i got a diesal zr could you then put the zt diesal in! As im thinking performance could be quite impressive.

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
ZT diesel engine will not fit withput lots of cars l series ZR disel engine aint too bad and can be tuned easily and cheaply

·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ZT diesel engine will not fit withput lots of cars l series ZR disel engine aint too bad and can be tuned easily and cheaply
right thanks for clearing that, and compared to the equivelent audi a3 tdi or golf tdi, as my mate has one and therequite nippy.

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
very quick for a diesel especially with all the plug in tunning devices available

1 - 7 of 7 Posts