MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
yes you can get it in a few people have done this conversion dont know how to do the conversion or how much it ost is tho

G

·
Need to uprate transmission and suspension as well as brakes. Certainly wont be cheap. Almost certainly need new wirting looms and different ECU's.

Steve from Banshee has a KV6 engine in his 200. ASk him and he might give you some good pointers

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes you can.

There are companies that will do it.

Some with much more dubious reputations than others.

One reputable one is http://www.an-racing.com/

Also there is someone in Birmingham that does them. Not sure of the name, but never heard of bad install's coming from them. Definately do some research as price is not what matters with something like this.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
As above really, find a good company that can do it. Best get a complete 220 so you can get the engine, gearbox and all the correct mounts. Also you will be able to use the calipers off the car for vented discs, though the 160 conversion would be more ideal.

Quite a bit of work, and would suspect it to cost in the region of £2500-£3000, also you need to allow for more insurance, and the additional cost of fuel.

Steve

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am thinkin of ditching this idea now and going for a 160 engine, now i found out the amount of time and work that has got to go into it.

cheers guys anyway for all the help and feed back.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I would forget about the idea of fitting a 160 engine, might as well just buy a 160, a lot less hassle, and it will be worth more when reselling it.

Steve

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Or getting the job done properly, an engine conversion is not an easy thing, and very easy to F up, plus your insurance company may required an engineers report on the work carried out.

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts