MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is a mechanic, and he says that my h-gasket is sure to go bang aroung 32000 miles, being a k series (bytheway)
Does anyone no anything about this, and is it time i changed my car??
cheers

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
thought rover fixed this problem on later models?

·
989 Posts
Ive got a 2001 Y reg rover 25 and ive done 63000 miles so far 20K has been done in the last year and ive had no problems with the head.

only probs ive had so far is the water pump going and a bit of a problem lately with the starter moter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
mgman said:
My brother is a mechanic, and he says that my h-gasket is sure to go bang aroung 32000 miles, being a k series (bytheway)
Does anyone no anything about this, and is it time I changed my car??
cheers

Does he know the lottery numbers for sat night ?

Mine had the head removed for the 1st time at 106,000 Miles. And not because of a headgasket faliure.

So the real answer is No !

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
mgman said:
Does anyone no anything about this, and is it time I changed my car??
cheers
No reason it should as long as you keep up with the service history.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Its just the luck of the draw tbh,I have had hundreds of K series engined motors in my time and most of them have had no problems whatsoever......so dont worry and enjoy.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think he should stop listening to the trade's chinese whispers and actually get some facts behind his comments.

HG failure on the K is less common than the Ford Zetec. The only problem is that it is about it's only weakness, so it's what they hold on to. They have to have something to suck the air through their teeth about and try to rip off joe public.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Just keep an eye on the coolant, oil filler cap, and around the engine block for stains so of there is a problem you can get it sorted before the engine goes pete tong.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
as tony said "Its just the luck of the draw"....I had a new engine at 9k..so you never know..just keep ane eye on the coolant.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts