MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok does anyone know for shure if...

the engine management light restricts performance, and
can it be switched off easily by some method??

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Why would you want to get rid of the engine management warning? What if you had a serious problem and you never picked it up because this was disabled :hiding: You would kick yourself if you missed it and the engine went ;)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its on, i want to turn it off....

G

·
I am guessing that someone has mabe removed a cat and is getting the management warning through a lambda sensor?

Either that or some other mandatory sensor is either dissconnected not working for some other reason.

Gonna have to find a way to foo the MEMS into believeing it is working or get a custom MEMS.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MParker873 said:
HAving the Engine management light on could well restric performance. On my old Calibra, if the Engine mamangemant light was on it wouldnt allow me to rev the engine over 4000rmp.
i can rev way past 4 :twisted:

·
2,039 Posts
When my EML came on it was down to the new zorst system, fitted the gadget that came with it and all was sorted, but took 100 miles to go out again.

Didnt notice any performance drop at all, but was going to get it into dealer to check out, just before light went out again.

And Hob.......DONT THRASH YOUR ZED :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

·
Registered
258 Posts
with mine i had 2 get the ecu reset.janspeed themselves told me about it.fitting the mill light eliminator only sorts the probs after the ecu is reset.if it dont go out after 100ish miles thats what u have2 do.i was luckt cause mine was jue fer its first service so didnt cost me nowt......

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
see what I mean People .................He can't even fix a BULB ...what chance do we have of him FIXIN THE SITE !!!!!!!!! :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop: :lcop:

·
Registered
556 Posts
It depends on the fault logged.

There are various safety modes it can go into. Could well be changing the fuelling on you if the second lamda is not reading what it would expect.

If you search on MG-Rover.org there are the exact details on how to make the emulator to replace the second filter and get it running properly again. You can of course also buy them ready done off of the Lotus guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts