MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I heard that some Zeds had problems with the electrics! When the wipers are going, there would be a buzzing noise and one of the lights on the dash would flicker occasionally! Has anyone had this problem, as I seem to be having this on my TF? :wallb: :wallb:

If you did and this has been rectified, any advise would be appreciated, as the service department have allegedly fixed this twice, but is still happening! :x: :x: :x:

·
Turbo Chick
2,859 Posts
ive got that problem... my boot kept openin when the intermitant wipe was on, rover said they put a passifier on it well it stoped the boot openin but the noise is still there and the demister switch flashes, they havent found a solution as yet i just turn my music up :up:

seriously tho i heard the new mg was bein recalled for the fault but ive not heard anythin from my garage!

what did they say they had done to fix it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They reckoned that the stereo was the cause and they did some re-wiring, but still not fixed, even though they said it was!!!! I don't think it has anything to do with the stereo, neither does the stereo fitter (They use a pro to install hi-tech stuff like mine).... I never had this problem with my Zed, with the same stereo (I had it transferred over!)..... What annoys me the most is the fact that they say they fixed it, but didn't go out and test it to see if it had been resolved! :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

·
Turbo Chick
2,859 Posts
my fella's a dab hand with rovers he said it could be a bad earth in the boot but wont touch the car coz of voiding the warrenty justa shame rover dont no what they doin could be fixed by now.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
@triki you're spot on m8. Try soldering a suitable ceramic capacitor across the motor feeds as the spikes cause the management unit to have a fit. My m8 which works at a merc garage has had alot of cars come in with that fault.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts