MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will explain the entire story....

Went to the scrapyard with a mate and found a rover 25, that had been totalled. However the cockpit and interior were untouched, it had air con, leccy windows THE LOT... so I got the Electric window switch panel, window motors and window swictches...

I got the door card off my car and started to install the motors, to find there was no loom or wires to wire up the motors. I thought with it being a cost option the loom would be there, however I cannot find it.

Any ideas?

I took the blank plate off where the electric window panel goes to find the plugs and wires and everything to install the switches. However I cannot find where in the doors to wire it up to.

I either need to install a loom, find the one already there lol.... or just forgt electric windows :(

Help please.

Matt

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The bit of the loom you need to plug the leccy windows into is unlikely to be present in your car already mate if you didn't already have electrics. The looms are a bleedin fortune from MGR and very difficult to locate on their EPC.

I think I was quoted about £80 a side for the extra bit of pre wired loom.

I was told by the main dealer that it is a complete pre assembled piece of loom and apparently plugs into the same place behind the dash as your current door loom does, but you either need to swap the whole thing or alternatively bodge some additional wiring in.

That or go back to the scrappies and take it out of the same car maybe.

I went down the same route when I was gonna fit electric mirrors as well (same bit of loom needed, apparently) and it was all gettin too fiddly, so I gave up on it all.

Mine is an 04 car and there was nothing in the doors on that, although there is the required wiring for the switches on the dash.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if I go back to the scrappy and get the loom part it should be simple from then on? Gonna get a haynes manual for a wiring diagram of where it goes. Should just plug in I imagine?

Rang up my local dealer and explained the situation and they said they did fit it to one ZR, with £360 labour... Must have been a tough job...

Should have just had them from new lol...

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Probably worthwhile going back and having a look at the donor Rover anyway mate.

At least then you will discover where you need to plug the part in to on your car.........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts