MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the electric motors for the front windows are inter-changeable with each other (could a passenger side motor be used on the drivers side) ? :beer2:

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking at the rave cd the motor unbolts from the mech...So i see no reason for them to be different tbh...Just going have to give it a bash i suppose or get a new drivers motor. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh! Yes, if you strip the guts apart the motor itself would be highly likely the same. You should have no problems there, apart from dealing with the mechanical housing!

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh! Yes, if you strip the guts apart the motor itself would be highly likely the same. You should have no problems there, apart from dealing with the mechanical housing!
Theres not much wrong with the motor tbh it's just got a tad slow so was thinking of swapping them over...But feck it i'll order a new one tomorrow cba with the hassle now lol :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, if you've got to venture into the door interior anyway and you have a spare might save you cash! If slow might it be physcally binding? The scissor action can tend to lossen pushing back on the motors 'up' force. This fault condition is what breaks the assemblies apart when they fail.

All of the parts inside the doors of these cars are proned to problems, door locks motors, windows mechs, handles...door cards should come with a service hatch!

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All of the parts inside the doors of these cars are proned to problems, door locks motors, windows mechs, handles...door cards should come with a service hatch!
yeah iv'e stripped it once and greased it all and adjusted it....It's just getting very slow now and i can stop it with my hand quite easily...New motor by the looks of it.:)

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts