MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Interior spraying supremo
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone one of my 'has anyone been to...' threads

This one being about Egypt.

Anyone been? If so any info is greatly appreciated.
Such as places to go see, costs out there, food, safety, transport, how easy it is to book trips while out there etc.

Cheers. Planning on booking a holiday this weekend, but Egypt was a last minute idea thrown into the pot, which im trying to research at the mo

Dubai, Thailand or Egypt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
in egypt they may try and trade you for a camel :D haha not from personal experience but from what my friends have said this happens alot! lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
hahaha not at all. only had a few drinks with boz. anyways that is totally off topic. i have heard good things about Egypt and im sure you wont be disappointed :D

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Yeh true sorry becky! Been to dubai, only for a few hours though, but wow what ana amazing place! Heard good things about egypt, and thailand, supposed to both be amazing places too! I think u will be more than happy with any of them :D

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
i have been to luxor in egypt.

i went for christmas 06 and i must say it was on of my best holidays! we stayed in an awesome hotel: there was a huge pool with a bar in it, you could literally swim up to the bar.

we did loads of stuff: cruise up the nile, hot air baloon ride over the desert and temples, visit of tutenkamuns tomb, flight up to the pyramids, visit the markets and hookah smoking and lots more

it was soooo hot!

on christmas day we were swimming in the pool and buying cocktails at the bar.

orgasmic holiday!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Lived there for a few years.

Safe but sandy, big ex-pat population where I was due to the oil company.

Fine for a holiday, lots of sites to see inc Jordan etc.

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I just got back from Luxor last week, it was an excellent holiday.

It was just me and Laura (the mrs) and we had a great time chilling out and did a bit of sightseeing too.

Price wise food and drink is about the same price as here and alcohol a little bit more. Don't touch the local food because it'll make you sick as a pig like I was :(

The locals are very pushy trying to sell you stuff but tbh thats because the area is so poor, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad to be honest :no:

Overall a really good holiday (44 degrees in the shade lol) and we both said we would go back. I'll get some pics to tempt you.....

·
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back from Luxor last week, it was an excellent holiday.

It was just me and Laura (the mrs) and we had a great time chilling out and did a bit of sightseeing too.

Price wise food and drink is about the same price as here and alcohol a little bit more. Don't touch the local food because it'll make you sick as a pig like I was :(

The locals are very pushy trying to sell you stuff but tbh thats because the area is so poor, I wasn't expecting it to be that bad to be honest :no:

Overall a really good holiday (44 degrees in the shade lol) and we both said we would go back. I'll get some pics to tempt you.....
Im tempted towards egypt more han the others now as the weather is a guarentee and the flight time is short.
Would love to see pictures Shire, as the brochure ones are decieving lol.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Im tempted towards egypt more han the others now as the weather is a guarentee and the flight time is short.
i got a video of my holdiday which is like a long slide show i made for my family so they could see the pics... i can pm you the links if you want Becky.

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Ok I'm uploading now. We stayed at the Jolie Vile Hotel. Last time I checked it was No 1 in Luxor on tripadvisor.co.uk deffo woth a look.

Also we paid under £300 each for the holiday including flights and the accomodation was B&B :)

·
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I'm uploading now. We stayed at the Jolie Vile Hotel. Last time I checked it was No 1 in Luxor on tripadvisor.co.uk deffo woth a look.

Also we paid under £300 each for the holiday including flights and the accomodation was B&B :)
CHEAP!! im looking about £700 ish each at the moment, which isnt too bad really! Cheers Shire

Will check them out later, gotta head to work :(

·
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a video of my holdiday which is like a long slide show i made for my family so they could see the pics... i can pm you the links if you want Becky.
Yes please! Will check it out when im back from work
Cheers David!

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Got to go to band practice now for our last bit of practice before our first mini festival debut tomorrow so I'll get some more up when I get in :)

Sorry these ones are only hot air baloon pics but should suffice till I get back lol

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I ddint go, but mum and dad did.. There isnt much shade to hide in, so if your easily burnt..! lol For them: Food was amazing, and alcohol was cheap! Post above: Not sure if it is different in certain areas? They brought me back afew Litre bottles of vodka, 40 percent, at a mere Fiver ;)

Cant really give you much advice though! However i did go as a side trip form Cyprus when i was about 16.. and they asked to buy my sister for 10 camels, lol!! (Near pyramids)

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
when i went the sonesta was no1 on trip advisor and thats where i stayed. luxor was bloody amazing, went into a little shop to buy a pipe for a bronze hookah i just had just bought in the souk (the market), and i ended up sat down surounded by egyptians offering me all kinds of substances for my hookah! got to say it was one of the best christmas evenings ever. i then cought a 'cab' which was a cariot pulled by a horse! i took me all the way to my hotel and took me through the old town which was beautiful.he asked me for the equivilant of 50 p and when i gave him £2 and told him to keep it he was over the moon!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts