MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
booked in on thursday morning for the ecu remap done by chip tuning uk,and if there claimed gains r true then my car should b runnin at 132-135bhp......we shall c....

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
coooooool...we need a rolling road session now ;-)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
dj-rs said:
How did you get 122bhp from your 105?
viper filter, janspeed manifold and cat, back box, and a pully. :mrsmiley:

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
hob said:
dj-rs said:
How did you get 122bhp from your 105?
viper filter, janspeed manifold and cat, back box, and a pully. :mrsmiley:
For all that....and the cost i woud hope to have more bhp than 122...sorry!

Ive had mine RR at 114bhp and ive only got a BMC filter and Blueflame back box...with a chip, TB, i should expect no less than 125bhp...but then i havent even changed the middle section of the zorst or manifold or CAT!!!

How much did all that cost cos my tuning mods only cos me a total of £300...

Just wondering... :-k

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for all what?when ive done the ecu remap i will have spent £1165 ish.now u tell me where u gonna get around 30bhp fer that kind of cost?i've only got a manifold n sports cat thats different from u.throttle body n cam pully dont give power,they give throttle response mainly.

i paid £9300 fer the car,so plus that =£10465,plus the cost of my rs-gt's=£11215.n ive got a car quicker than a 120 which at the time i bought my 105 had a list price of £12.5k.

if u think yer gonna c much more than what ive got from doin what u said then yer mistaken.without now spendin serious cash on head work n port n polishin n cams n what not u aint gonna get more than 135bhp tops,not matter what u do.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
If i put a chip and TB in my zed.....i would easily have around 124-125 bhp....and that can be done for around £300-£400......

Now if i did that i would have spent between £600-£700 on power mods....

I payed £9300 for my too....and at PRESENT i only have 1bhp less than a 120 (117ps/115bhp)....

sfalcus (who aint on here yet) has the same set up as me apart from he has the x-power BB and his is runnin 115bhp (118ps) which is same as 120...

If i had the centre section took out and had a straight thru pipe, sports CAT, and manifold (about £1000 fitted) plus the TB and chip i would easily see over 140bhp....or at least i would hope!!!

Just that me and Steven have had our RR and the results show different mate...

SO...if i had spent £9300 + £600 + £400 for chip....

= £10300 and i would have a 105 with more power than 122bhp.....and i havent even spent on the rest.........!

Thats what i mean bud!

If you do a full exhaust (with sports CAT), chip, TB, filter, plus head work and cams....you could pull an easy 145-150bhp+....no bother!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GIL5294 said:
If i put a chip and TB in my zed.....i would easily have around 124-125 bhp....and that can be done for around £300-£400......

Now if i did that i would have spent between £600-£700 on power mods....

I payed £9300 for my too....and at PRESENT i only have 1bhp less than a 120 (117ps/115bhp)....

sfalcus (who aint on here yet) has the same set up as me apart from he has the x-power BB and his is runnin 115bhp (118ps) which is same as 120...

If i had the centre section took out and had a straight thru pipe, sports CAT, and manifold (about £1000 fitted) plus the TB and chip i would easily see over 140bhp....or at least i would hope!!!

Just that me and Steven have had our RR and the results show different mate...

= £10300 and i would have a 105 with more power than 122bhp.....and i havent even spent on the rest.........!

Thats what i mean bud!

If you do a full exhaust (with sports CAT), chip, TB, filter, plus head work and cams....you could pull an easy 145-150bhp+....no bother!
u think u would get 15bhp from an exhaust system?yer dreamin m8

i dont c yer point m8?yer goin on about doin stuff n what u would xpect from it and its exactly were i will b at when ive had the ecu remap done.

im at 122bhp WITHOUT the ECU REMAP,
here's what has been done UP TO DATE-

Manifold,
sports cat,
Back box,
Viper kit
52mm TB(no power gain 1bhp max)
Cam pully(same as above)

on all that its cost me £850-£875-ish

£300-£400 fer a chip n TB is pushin the boat out abit aint it?£130-£150 fer the TB,were u gettin a chip that will c 10bhp fer £270ish,fitted?u speak 2 any garage and they will tell u that 10bhp from a chip or ecu remap on a 1.4 is askin alot.from stock maybe,but not on an engine thats allready been modded.as u do more n more stuff the gains get less n less.u might have got 12bhp from yer filter n back box(which 2 b honest seams abit much)but then if u did the rest of the exhaust u wouldnt c the same sort of gains.hence when u hit 120bhp its harder n harder 2 get more power without spendin loads on head work n stuff.the x-power tuned 105 in the first issue of total mg had the same power as mine.....n that was done by mg sport n racing themselves n the prices they qouted r sky high!if u think yer gonna get 140bhp from full exhaust,filter,chip,TB n cam pully then i would prepair yourself for some disapointment m8.i dont know much about tunnin engines(my first car)but from what ive read n who ive talked 2 i know what 2 expect from the work ive done....

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
GIL5294 said:

What im on about is the fact that stock the ZR has 101bhp(103ps) approx...plus it dont say that i will get 15bhp fomr a zorst system....if ya read it proper.. see above!

You have spent £850 to get to 122bhp which is an increase of 21bhp....

I have spent £300 to get an increase of 13bhp...

Im basically sayin that for the money i would have thought you would be puttin out more bhp than 122....since im at 114 already with only 2 mods.....

You say about £850 ish for a total increase of 21bhp....i could spend another £550 and easily get more than 122bhp.....thats all!!!

I just think youve done a lot for little gain.....i didnt think that JUST a BB and filter would increase bhp...but it has and by a pretty big amount too...

114bhp aint bad for £300 of mods!!!
Whereas your approx £550 more has only got ya 8bhp over mine!!!

What could i get with £550...i bet i could get more than 8bhp...

Do ya see what im sayin mate...

:mrsmiley:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
GIL5294 said:
GIL5294 said:

What im on about is the fact that stock the ZR has 101bhp(103ps) approx...plus it dont say that i will get 15bhp fomr a zorst system....if ya read it proper.. see above!

You have spent £850 to get to 122bhp which is an increase of 21bhp....

I have spent £300 to get an increase of 13bhp...

Im basically sayin that for the money i would have thought you would be puttin out more bhp than 122....since im at 114 already with only 2 mods.....

You say about £850 ish for a total increase of 21bhp....i could spend another £550 and easily get more than 122bhp.....thats all!!!

I just think youve done a lot for little gain.....i didnt think that JUST a BB and filter would increase bhp...but it has and by a pretty big amount too...

114bhp aint bad for £300 of mods!!!
Whereas your approx £550 more has only got ya 8bhp over mine!!!

What could i get with £550...i bet i could get more than 8bhp...

Do ya see what im sayin mate...

:mrsmiley:
](*,) ](*,) Took me a while Gil, but I think I understand ya lol...any one else?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
dont forget that the cars come out at diff bhp from stock, so you would have to have had it RR from new

·
Registered
16 Posts
Its simple.....xpower backbox and bmc enclosed filter gives about 15bhp.

Chip tuning do a guarantee on their product and state a 12-15bhp increase. Say the zed 105 stock has 100bhp.

100bhp+15bhp+12bhp=127bhp!

And thats worst case with a poor powered zed to start and the chip producing the least power!

Oh and itll cost you £220 for the xpower, £150 for the bmc and £350 for the chip. Thats £720 for 127bhp!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
u said with a chip n TB u would expect 124-125bhp,then with full exhaust system u would expect 140.140 minus 125 = 15

i do c what yer sayin but it aint gonna happen.if u do get a chip n full exhaust i garentee u aint gonna b more than me.

we'll just have 2 c what im at after the ecu remap.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
I just dont agree mate...i think for that money you should have more bhp now and after ya chip...

Let us know how the RR comes out when the chip is sorted mate....

I aint modding my performance side for a while now as i already have done it a little...and i want more ICE, and i would say...cosmetic mods like...engine bay bling and tints, lowering, neons......

·
Registered
890 Posts
doubt you'll make anything over 135 from a 1.4 without serious breathing mods such as throttle bodies and a different ECU, such as emerald or DTA.

Chipping isn't the god all - end all of the subject, it needs to be coupled to mods and set up with other modifications, and if not mapped right it can mess up a perfectly good engine. MEMS 3 isn't programmable, so i assume this is some sort of piggy-back unit.

I don't under stand though where some of your ideas are coming from, i got 126.6bhp from my 214 at a rolling road meet with Roverload ages ago. The was with a piperX 309 filter, de-cat and back box.

Steve

1 - 20 of 43 Posts