MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Guys, just wondering can anyione recommend a new ECU for a '96 Rover 220 Turbo.
Have this engine in my ZR but last week fried 3 pistons so im thinking it was under fuelling - need to get a new ECU and get it mapped accordinally.

Cheers,
Deckz

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
if its standard we have one £40 posted

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
Well Guys, just wondering can anyione recommend a new ECU for a '96 Rover 220 Turbo.
Have this engine in my ZR but last week fried 3 pistons so im thinking it was under fuelling - need to get a new ECU and get it mapped accordinally.

Cheers,
Deckz
are you sure its fuelling issue? what boost are you running?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Was running 15psi mate.
if the engine is standard internally then the most boost you should be running is 12psi max. if you're running anymore than that, it explains why you have fried 3 pistons.

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
also have you removed the standard boost cut? as the standard is at 14.7psi....

but yeah, no more than 12psi on standard internals is the norm.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
The Rover MEMS ECU's cant be remapped :no:
As said, they will hit fuel cut at 14.7psi. You can get a fuel cut defencer from GBE that will "fool" the ECU, but if your running standard internals the ringlands will give way pretty quickly!

You'll need an aftermarket one like Emerald or MegaSquirt :)

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
tbh mems should be fine for what he wants, if he gets the internals sorted and fuel cut defencer in place. you've probably seen yourself on rovertech people running quite a lot of boost on standard management. owt up to about 280-300 bhp iirc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
DONT BUY MEGASQUIRT !!!!!!! they are utter ****e!! had one on my turbo'd ford ka and it just burnt out all my injectors and coilpack and before u say it, it wasnt the wiring it was the actual ecu itself with a very weird fault!

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
DONT BUY MEGASQUIRT !!!!!!! they are utter ****e!! had one on my turbo'd ford ka and it just burnt out all my injectors and coilpack and before u say it, it wasnt the wiring it was the actual ecu itself with a very weird fault!
Mapping will have caused that, our experiance with megasquirt has led us to believe that unless your going for motech megasquirt to be perfectly suitable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts