MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wondering which are the top companies that deal with ECU remaps?

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Superchips and Chip tunning

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hob,

I've looked at superchips found this.
ZR 160 = +8bhp for £293

I looked at Chip Tunning found this.
ZR 160 = +15bhp but there was no price!

Has anyone on here had their car chipped? if so who did you use and what did it cost ya?

·
Registered
258 Posts
i've been qouted £350 by chip tuning fer the ecu remap on my 105.they told me 10-15bhp but minimum of 10bhp,they also do a 14 day money back offer.if u fone them up they will tell u the nearest dealer 2 u.

TD performance r another,they claim 11bhp on a 105 n i was qouted £300.

a company which i cant remember name of,do ecu replacements,i was qouted £550+vat,but the guy who was clued up on what gains they give was busy n the receptionist could only give me the prices.she did say that they were easy 2 fit,u just unplug the old ecu n plug the new 1 in n away u go!they have an advert in total mg mag.

wega has had his 160 chipped i think..........look on members list 4 him n pm him n ask him about it......

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
PJH 160 said:
Thanks Hob,

I've looked at superchips found this.
ZR 160 = +8bhp for £293

I looked at Chip Tunning found this.
ZR 160 = +15bhp but there was no price!

Has anyone on here had their car chipped? if so who did you use and what did it cost ya?
Think Wega160 has m8 so try giving him a PM. I have been looking at this aswell so would be interested to see what you find out :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PM'd Wega160, so see wot he knows!

Cheers.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Robmaster said:
hey where is the ECU by the ZR???
under the bonnet or in the passsenger room??
its under the bonnet, i belive connected to the Throttle Body.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
15BHP out of a 160 sounds interesting, will have to check that one out. Lets say at a rough calculation:

Standard 160 = 158BHP at the flywheel
Chip = 10 - 15bhp
Full exhaust system = 5 - 8bhp
Closed induction kit = 5 - 8 bhp
Also now I have heard you can have the VVC unit improved giving anywhere in between 10 and 15bhp increase

So taking the higher figures you could potentially get 195bhp without to much hassle and expense :-k or with the lowest figures 185bhp of which both are respectable. I would assume the biggest difference you will see is with the torque which is where the 160 as standard lacks behind other cars in the same class. Get a shot of Nos in there giving an instant 20bhp boost and your laughing :lol:

·
Registered
556 Posts
15bhp from the 160 will not be seen from a chip without the induction system being sorted out first.

12bhp is reasonably realistic and has been proven.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.