MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening ppl!

i have decided to put my hairpins on ebay....finally! but i have never sold on there before!

so before i do i just wanted some advice!

when i put the alloys up for sale, how much should i start the bidding at? and what resreve do u guys rekon i should put on them?

also, do i need to be getting in touch with a couier to see how much postage costs will be before i out them up and is this someting i pay or do i state that the buyer pays postage costs?

i know these sound like dumb questions but i reli am a novice on this :wallb: so any advice will be much appreciated!

cheers! Jase! :cool1:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Jas , start the biddin at bout 175 & put "buyer pays all Courier/Postage costs at the approiate rate"

Also put " My reserve is not that far above my starting price so get yer bids in NOW"

(And set the reserve at bout 250 ish )

Ok ???

Keith

·
Registered
261 Posts
Starting price etc depends on how much you expect / want to get for them and what condition they are in. If you set your start price too high no one will start bidding. Often best to put a fairly low starting price to attract interest but set your reserve at a more sensible price.

It would be a good idea to contact a courier for delivery costs as this could be substantial - they will need to know the weight of the wheels. Normally the wining bidder pays for delivery / postage. It is usually better to display the expected delivery charge in your auction when its likely to be expensive so buyers know where they are.
Or you could recommend buyer collects - local buyers only perhaps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right, thanks guys!

the alloys are unmarked and with reli good tread on em! i didnt want anything less than £200, so keiths plan seems quite good!

i'll give it a try tomro and see how it goes! i'll get in touch with a courier firm aswell for an idea of postage costs!

cos i am selling, am i right in saying they charge me? how much is this, any ideas?

cheers! Jase!

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Jason G said:
right, thanks guys!

the alloys are unmarked and with reli good tread on em! i didnt want anything less than £200, so keiths plan seems quite good!

i'll give it a try tomro and see how it goes! i'll get in touch with a courier firm aswell for an idea of postage costs!

cos i am selling, am i right in saying they charge me? how much is this, any ideas?

cheers! Jase!
or you could just sell them as collection only and offer a small discount off the postage encourages people to travel for them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts