MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming up to a year-12k miles and going to book in for a service next month
phoned the garage i usually have work done and they asked what car and just said yeh it will be £150 without asking when the last service was, engine size, anything really
is that a bit much or average price?

·
Brothers Grim
2,837 Posts
if its just a regular service, do it yourself mate, will cost around £60, but you would know top quality parts/oil will be used, and not cheapo budget stuff. £150 seems a tad ott, what will they be changing?

·
aka thejollywodger
1,833 Posts
think mine was about £120 last year, due soon. mine has FSH so wanna keep that :) plus it is almost FMGSH as it is the old mg dealership that do it

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
id want it done properly, got fsh so far so want to keep it up, im not sure, its got about 33k on the clock i think,
i thought it seems a bit ott for the price, dad said could be because he isnt selling much petrol because he is flogging it at 122.9p, think im going to look else where

·
Brothers Grim
2,837 Posts
i do all my own servicing, and it gets done properly!!! i keep dates of when ive serviced etc, never had a problem selling my old cars with "my own" history. as i said, the garage will use budget stuff, i use top branded products, that way i know its will perform better....

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Oil, filter and air filter would be all they would change anyway, but you also need to inspect and maybe adjust many other elements on the car.

and yes £150 does seem a bit steep

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
i could probably change oil, oil filter, air filter piece of piss, but ht cables other fluids, not the best mechanic, and i live on a slope lol
ht leads are pull off and push on, and what other fluids would you want to do on a standard service? brake fluid and power steering last a LONG time, and coolant i believe is ment to be every 3 years (depending on what type of coolant you use)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts