MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AKA MIKE
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm looking at upgrading my d40 to either a nikon d60 or a canon 400d,
I have read the reviews for both and thats been no help in helping me decide.
Does anyone have any recommendations for either?
Hopefully from people who have used both.
Cheers mike

·
Registered
523 Posts
best mate is to just go to somewhere like Jessops, and try them both out, the one which you feel most comfortable with in your hands, is the one for you.

Comparing them spec for spec is gonna be hard, some sites/users will be bias etc.

As your coming from a D40, the D60 is probably the easier of the 2 you feel comfortable with.

What purpose is the Dslr for ?

Tried buying new lenses for the D40 instead ?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
as i understood it when my girlfriend was looking the D40 and 400d were around the same spec and price mark? so purely on spec id say the D60.

but i could be wrong, also the 400d wasnt terribly easy to use, might be a decider if your used to the D40 the D60 may feel more natural.

·
AKA MIKE
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i use it for all aspects really, sports events, wedding, holidays, trips, and i use it in college as i do evening classes in photography. I have already used both and tbh they feel pretty much as good as each other in the hand. Being a nikon user i'm pulling towards the d60 but the canon has the advantages of far greater af and also little things like vertical grid etc

·
AKA MIKE
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm only looking to spend 400 for the body and standard lens but dont mind spending extra 200 for extra lens

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
iv got a really good lens on my d70 and it makes such a difference over a standard one you wouldnt believe.

id say spend as much as possible buying the best lens you can now run it with the d40 and then upgrade body eventually when funds allow

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I have use of both a d40 and d80. Despite it being bigger & heavier I will always grab the d80 if its free. Though its in the shop at the moment as the ribbon(?) inside has gone even though its less than a year old.

Its like getting a new phone, laptop, satnav, etc 3 weeks after you've brought it they bring out a new and improved model at a better price - you can't win!

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
c4mny why have you turned it off to accept pms??? i spent like half hour writing one then it said you dont accept them anymore lol

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
No way! I trouble with a hotmail address I used to log onto forum so changed it late last night. Seemed to take forever before could get back on. Will check it now. Try sending it again in a few minutes. Won't reply straight away as have to get back to work again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts