MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night i locked my car, then went to go out again, central locking undone all but the drivers door, now the pin is loose, the key does nothing, and the inner handle does f*ck all as well.

can I remove the door card with it locked shut....?

lesser of two evils, at least it isnt stuck unlocked..... but then how the hell do i get inside the mechanism to try to fix it?

Electric window is already fooked, so i cant even dukes of hazzard into the bitch.

currently getting in and out of the car through the passenger door...

seriously pi55ed off, following the last weeks engine trouble.

answers on a postcard please!

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sh1t me not - you serious? driver seat out?

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump

can anyone help with what it might be?

i intend to get in there tomorrow - i am fed up with straddling the gearstick twice a day!

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
same as what andy suggested, seat will come out in 4 bolts, saves alot of grief mate

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers hoax but i mean how do i fix the locked door problem? what could be wrong with my central locking? is it this actuator thing?

it sounds as it the motor is still working but is no longer connected to the lock.

where is the 'how to guide' for cental locking?

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
exactly the same thing happened to mine.
take the seat out, pull the door card off and then get a hammer and big screwdriver and bash the fook out of the lock.

pm bendjunkie for a more detailed explanation on what to do lol, he did mine, but thats the jist of what happened.

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
exactly the same thing happened to mine.
take the seat out, pull the door card off and then get a hammer and big screwdriver and bash the fook out of the lock.

pm bendjunkie for a more detailed explanation on what to do lol, he did mine, but thats the jist of what happened.
haha i think you've given him more than enough information there mate, he should have it sorted in no time.

ps. u still coming to F+M mate?

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cheers lads, after the problems i have had recently, i will enjoy the 'bash the fook out of it' part!

my electric window is fooked too and i suspect the glass is only held in with the door card rubber - gonna try and tape it up, but without opening the door it'l be difficult to tape up.

fingers crossed tomorrow!

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok the door works now, the only thing i did was wiggle the door card to see where i need to pull it and it opened - could it be the bottom of the door card pushing the door slightly out of line and causing the lock to not dis-engage?? could it be that simple?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts