MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drivers door,rite went to open it the other day and was totally weged up proper hard to open had to proper force it i couldnt see the problem,has ne1 else had this and also my fuckin front left indicator fell out?fuck nos how but im proper pissed off.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Ive had the drivers door card slip...this ight be the same problem, if it happens again keep ur eye on the botom seal to see if the door card is catching as u pull it open...

·
1,431 Posts
Jib 21 said:
Ive had the drivers door card slip...this ight be the same problem, if it happens again keep ur eye on the botom seal to see if the door card is catching as u pull it open...
ahhh, that happend to me last night funnily enough...........

i nearly ripped the door card off trying to get out too 8-[

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
It's common enough fault apparently I think mine was made worse by me being drunk...being in a bad mood (due people being there who I hated) and deciding that going outside and launching the door shut at high speed a few times would make me feel better ](*,) ](*,)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh good so it aint only me then shall i jus take it to mg get them to sort it and also my indicator?

·
1,431 Posts
yeah take it in, should deffo sort the indicator under warrenty.......and get them to look at the dorr too......

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
With reference to the indicator it could be that it was not clipped in correctly. I took mine out the other day & the spring clip that holds it in is strong so maybe it wasn't fitted correct ?.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Theres a door card clip mod they have cos the older ones are poo! Had mine changed and now no sticky doors...YAY! Indicator fell out....now thats a different story!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
The Grim Reaper said:
With reference to the indicator it could be that it was not clipped in correctly. I took mine out the other day & the spring clip that holds it in is strong so maybe it wasn't fitted correct ?.
Almost certainly this is the problem. If you dont get it just right then the spring clip dosent quite tuck in behind the lip and then a bump in the road or even slamming the door can make it pop out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
dR0Og said:
The Grim Reaper said:
Almost certainly this is the problem. If you dont get it just right then the spring clip dosent quite tuck in behind the lip and then a bump in the road or even slamming the door can make it pop out.
Yes ,mate had the whole card almost ripped off, took it off and fixed it myself, If you take off the card and rip out the large piece of polystrene and cut 10-15 mm off the back edge and stick it back on it puts less strain on the clips. any probs contact me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts