MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A speeding policeman was stopped by an angry motorist moments after he pulled the man over for the same offence.
Driver Neil Saunders admitted to travelling at 76mph when he was pulled over on the M20 near Ashford in Kent on November 17, but became "irked" when he saw the police officer that stopped him speeding after their encounter.

"What really irked me was that he got back on the motorway, I got behind him and a couple of minutes later he must have been doing 80mph," Mr Saunders told the Kentish Express.

"There were no flashing light. He wasn't on an emergency call," he added.

Having caught up with the police car at Junction 7, the Maidstone turnoff, the frustrated motorist flashed for the officer to pull over, before accusing him of hypocrisy.

"He denied speeding, but I told him that I had just phoned Ashford police station to complain," Mr Saunders said.

The enraged motorist accepted he was guilty of speeding and was prepared to apologise for snapping at the policemen when originally stopped, having asked the officer whether he had "anything better to do" than pull over people who were not driving dangerously.

But the determined driver said he would not back down over his own speeding complaint against the policeman.

"I'm prepared to phone the officer who stopped me to apologise for throwing my rattle out of my pram, but I'm not prepared to back down," said Mr Saunders.

A spokesman for Kent Police confirmed a complaint had been lodged, and the matter was being investigated.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
if this guy wins his case then good on him.

I personally have followed a "PANDA" car before doing 85mph, now i am part of the EACP (east anglian cruise partnership) and brought this to the attention of the officer that we chat with and organise cruises with, he told me that you should not follow police cars at that speed weather or not they have thier lights on or not.

hopefully this might be a win for the motorist and egg on the face of the law.

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
i remer having a police car folloow me at over a hundred...i really should of pulled him for that!

hope the copper gets a bollocking!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
only thing is, following them at that speed they can turn round to you and do you for following at that speed! :eek:hwell:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
they where following me! luckerly however they where on a call to a crash where a bunch of TWOC'ers had rool down a hill and left the car in bits on a busy road

a few were injured but it saved me!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
ah yes, heard many stories of people doing more than 100mph and being followed by cops on motorways, they then move over and the copper goes flying past!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts