MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i have downloaded a film and it was 700mb in avi format. i converted it to mpeg which pushed it up to 900mb. anyway how do i burn this onto a dvd disc?i have tried twice with no success.
any ideas?

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
do u have a dvd burner? Not being funny but I think its a valid question lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i have that is why i have tried burning it onto dvd!!!lol ut for some reason it burns the cache files but then stops and ejects the disk!!!i have just found a program on my computer which i didnt realise that i had that creates dvds so it is the middle of converting my mpeg file into a dvd file i guess. hope it all goes ok

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah nero will do it,if you want to watch it in a dvd player you need to convert to mpeg2 which is dvd format

·
Sleeping
5,195 Posts
if it was an .avi i use dvd santa to convert it to dvd n burn it to disc. .mpg i use ulead movie factory to convert and burn to dvd

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
get dvd studio pro and convert it to mpeg 2 or mpeg 4 ill find out tomoz bbut i transfer all my 700mb avi files to dvd...but studio pro does it all for u straight forward.pm me if ur stuck

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you wanna do it proper and make high quality DVD's & VCD's you're gonna need the following (or equivalents)

GSpot (the codec info tool, not mystical point of pleasure - although that may help)
MainConcept MPEG Encoder
VirtualDub
ULead DVD Workshop
Nero Burning ROM

When you have these, the best method of conversion will depend on what format the film file you have is (there are about 500 versions of .avi files)

For tutorials and walkthroughs go to http://www.videohelp.com/ - checkout the convert area in the "how to" section on the left hand side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts