MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the door trim on the drivers side of my zed has come away at the bottom and its making it bloody hard to open the door properly as it keeps gettin stuck on the sill, and every time i pull on the door it feels like its gonna snap off the bottom half of the door trim, this happened to anyone else?its gettin embarrasin standing outside of my car yanking on the door until it opens, good job i dont wear a burberry baseball cap!!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
mine does the same too :wallb: :wallb: :wallb:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
mines done this.....
remove the door seal (on the sill) and re fit.this will make it sit lower and not catch.
also on the door card put a beed of clear silicone on it so it sticks the panel to the door....

·
Registered
227 Posts
It's yet another known problem at MG-R I've heard so make them fix it. I just wish they'd make the cars better in the first place rather than have us all drive about with bits falling off, lol!

·
570 Posts
Strange to hear of problems OPENING the door - my problem is closing it - you gotta be a pro wrestler to slam it hard enough, LoL

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the cars due to go back in for a "service" anyway, basically what the dealer missed in the pre-sale check before i picked up the car, so thats top of a growing list!!so hopefully it'l be fixed then along with the speakers, seats, number plates and badges!!lol, its a belting car that just keeps getting quicker-only because more and more of its falling off!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i need them longer clips, gettin fed up of sittin in my show room, waitin for them to fix a problem thats gonna hapen again 2 hours later

·
602 Posts
I had this happen on my Rover 25, and also on my ZR. and whenever it goes back to the dealers they say "thats unusual, never heard of that happening before"....... what a bunch of w*****s.

I actually have got stuck INSIDE and had to kick the door open.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
^ happens to me to, had to kick pasanger side door open so my girlfriends mum could get out,

my dealers told me it was a common fault with the zr's

·
Registered
48 Posts
my car went in 4 times for this one problem and they kept telling me its a fault with the clips and rover have made new one which will solve the problem and no it didnt so out comes the mastic gun and i solved the problem myself

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
oi oi savaloy said:
my car went in 4 times for this one problem and they kept telling me its a fault with the clips and rover have made new one which will solve the problem and no it didnt so out comes the mastic gun and I solved the problem myself

wot did u do mate? i need to sort both my doors cause keeps doing it, dealers is shit, keeps comin away

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
managed 2 fix mine myself 2, i just got on the floor lined the plastic bolts up with the holes and belted it one, opens and shuts fine now!brute force, cant beat it :up:

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
ZR-racer said:
managed 2 fix mine myself 2, I just got on the floor lined the plastic bolts up with the holes and belted it one, opens and shuts fine now!brute force, cant beat it :up:
I WILL TRY THAT LATER :up:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dont blame me if it doesnt work!!! :hiding:

but in truth cant see why it wouldnt, it had simply come away from the door on mine, al mentioned it could be the door trim on the seal, mite need flattening on yours?mine wasn't to bad, again just used force and stamped on it, lol!

·
R6 Owner
585 Posts
Imagine how hard it is to open the door when it stick and you aint got any door handles!

G

·
Must be lucky, never had this happen to mine.

I have had the door cards on and off a few times with various mods so maybe that has something to do with it

·
Registered
48 Posts
blaps you need to get the modefied clips from the dealers then before you put the card back on mastic the back of the door card put it back on let it dry its cold so remeber it will take longer to dry and then jobs a gooden if your not sure m8 your not that far from me im the other side of richmond pop over and il give you a hand to do it. iv got some proper body shop mastic which is strong s**t

1 - 20 of 22 Posts