MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i want to replace the door speakers from the shite standard ones.

Do I need 2-ways or 3-ways and should I replace the tweeters at the same time??

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
I've got 2 way components so got tweeters done as well...Bostons, and they sound nice...

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Mesa got three ways in the back...6x9s

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cheers guys, I have 2-way speakers in the rear.

Components seem the best thing to do.

Does it take long to install them all

·
Registered
451 Posts
front takes take a bit longer then rears as you have to remove the whole door - but once it's off it's only 3 screws holding speakers in place. should take about 15mins a door

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Make sure u clip the door card back on properly though...cos when I had mine done they didnt and I had to get out the passenger door!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the fronts sorted out.. Thats where you wanna start...

I`ve got Fusion Powerplants Components...Excellent on my ears.

Way better than i`ve had before.

Got them for £105 from Car Audio Direct........ :)

·
1,626 Posts
If you wnt three way components in the front be prepared to get the fibreglass out!

Best course of action is to fit 2 way components. If you use a 6.5 inch speaker you can mount it to the door card itself and put some mdf behind the card for good bass

Are you looking to amp the speakers or just run them off the HU? If you are looking to amp yu should really replace the speaker cable for some OFC if running off of a hu just use the existing wires, simple job then!

Plus while you have the door card off spend £40 on two sheets of sound deadening and do your doors, you will be amazed at the difference in sound of your speakers and the reduction of road noise as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts