MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . to get something and it says 'Made in the UNITED KINGDOM' on the label. Don't see that very often nowadays.

I'm talking about my shiny new heatshield that just fell through my letterbox along with a couple of chequered flag/saltire badges. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Right, well me and the boys have got together and were thinking if everyone in the UK donates just £1, then we'll have enough money to keep MG British.. whos with us??

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
£2 if we can have TVR too

·
Registered
120 Posts
MG is staying in British hands. It's the research and development part of the business which is being sold off, or "Joint-Ventured" as they keep hinting.

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,369 Posts
Nothing is being 'sold'. The joint venture deal has not been finally agreed yet, and when it is it will involve MGR contributing the design expertise and their current technology, SAIC will (hopefully) contribute the money. :mrgreen:

MG-Rover will remain British owned :up: (although the Rover name itself is still German owned :x: ) and will continue to build cars at Longbridge. (The body parts may come from slightly further away if the Polish discussions bear fruit, or so it is rumoured)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts