MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol, well i kno it does but what size would anyone recommend 2 go up2 on the zed?ive bought a set of 18"s and i know its going to alter the steering and everything, just how much though?and is it worth selling these and buying a set of 17"s instead?

G

·
As long as you get the correct profiles then there is little difference in rolling radius from going from 16" to 19"

ie a 16 X 205 50 has a very similar rolling radius to

17 X 205 45 (15mm difference which is less than 0.8%) which is also similar to 18 X 205 40 (1.5% difference).
have a look here for everything you always wanted to know about tyres but were afraid to ask
http://www.chris-longhurst.com/carbibles/index.html?menu.html&tyre_bible.html

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, well thats my new line, "ive got 18 inches if you want a ride ladies...."

yeah neway,back to the tyres...the're gona be 215/35's anyway as ive been told that before, cos that would have fitted my hondas arches.i just didnt kno whether they would knacker the handling/acceleration up or not!!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
18's will give you a great look without loosing too much performance, remember bigger wheels = slower acceleration ;)
As I said on a previous thread.
Its NOT the size of the rim but the overall size of the rim AND tyre. A 215/35R18 has the very close to same rolling radius as a 205/45R17 (Without getting the old calculator out I think the 215/35R18 are 2mm smaller so in that book give youFASTER acceleration!!)!

OH!

And wider wheels = MORE grip!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im currently looking into getting a set of 18's on a 35mm drop. which will be the best possible sizes to get with minimum effect? could you also point me in the right direction of ppl on here who could give me some cracking deals.

any help would be great

cheers beno

·
Registered
25 Posts
215 yeah

215's would fit no problem mate. As mentioned above the rolling radius is the same, and I've got 215/40/r17 (same width of tyre) on my zed and theres no rubbing on full lock. So go for it matey ! :guns: [/b]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts