MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi iam just back from a cruise and i seen a white zr iam wonder have they ever made a white zr or a special addition one or something like that?? would like to no.:bow:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
nope it was most prob a respray job like White's car or yellow or dave or what ever his name was lol

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
I've been told that white was a factory colour, just a very rare one that no one chose.

·
1,232 Posts
The Rover 25 came in Dover White, and for a brief time MGR offered it as a colour request option on a ZR for the EU market for a brief period in the 04MY guise before promptly dropping it from the range (soon before Trophy Yellow got the chop), I'm not sure if any actually materialised though.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Yes, but afaik was saved for overseas only.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
as far as i know mg's never came in white.
was it a crisp bright white or a creamy dullish white ( only a rover colour option iirc)?
if it was the bright crisp white could be a custom paint job or if it was the duller creamy old english white its more than likely a 25/zr rep

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it wasa clean crisp white so must of bean a respray but it looked realley well with black wheels it was tasty lol

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
The Rover 25 came in Dover White, and for a brief time MGR offered it as a colour request option on a ZR for the EU market for a brief period in the 04MY guise before promptly dropping it from the range (soon before Trophy Yellow got the chop), I'm not sure if any actually materialised though.
1.) Trophy yellow was available right up till the place shut as was never dropped.

2.) in the UK the only "white" available was a Monogram colour known as Glacier white.

·
1,232 Posts
From memory, Trophy Yellow was dropped I'm afraid. Somewhere in my little army of MG Rover bits I've got the brochures with it removed, and I remember having a few discussions as to what was on the way to replace it, if memory serves me correctly it was not long after the Trohpy and Trophy SE models appeared (in fact you'll notice that all the yellow Trophy special editions on autotrader at the moment are in fact 04MY cars with changed rear lights, although I'm fairly certain a few genuine Trophy ones do exist, but you won't find any late build ones.) :)

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
From memory, Trophy Yellow was dropped I'm afraid. Somewhere in my little army of MG Rover bits I've got the brochures with it removed, and I remember having a few discussions as to what was on the way to replace it, if memory serves me correctly it was not long after the Trohpy and Trophy SE models appeared (in fact you'll notice that all the yellow Trophy special editions on autotrader at the moment are in fact 04MY cars with changed rear lights, although I'm fairly certain a few genuine Trophy ones do exist, but you won't find any late build ones.) :)
Well there's been plenty of 05 platers ZR/ZS/TF in Trophy Yellow about all over the place.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...33-146-236,N-143-210-4294967087/search.action

·
1,232 Posts
Yes, 4 ZRs in that example, and the ones I looked at one was a base model and the others look suspiciously like 04MY ones with option pack 2.... Or do you still believe your ZR was made to order? :rofl:
(I'll digg out some price lists, brochures with Trophy Yellow suspiciously missing if I get time later if you want :))

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Off topic but wheres Tyrone ?? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts