MG ZR Forums banner

Do i wash my car too much?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought my car on the 24th April this year i've washed it about 30 times! That's once a week since i have bought it, sometime twice within a week because the brake dust gets on the alloys! Do i wash it too much!? Do the poll thingy if you want?

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Silver MG ZR said:
Since I bought my car on the 24th April this year i've washed it about 30 times! That's once a week since i have bought it, sometime twice within a week because the brake dust gets on the alloys! Do i wash it too much!? Do the poll thingy if you want?
you can never wash it too much mate , keeping it right is part of the buzz making sure it always looks its best

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can pay me to wash your zr, i have one so i know how it likes to be washed. i get all the right places! and make sure it is all clean when i'm done... :wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, the expenses that i would incur in travelling up to newcastle (a good 186 miles away from me) would be more expensive than you paying for somebody else to wash it. oh well, if your at a meet and you have the washing stuff there, i'll do it for free mate. theres an offer you cant refuse! :grin:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
because the brake dust gets on the alloys!
You used to be able to get them plastic wheel/brake covers that stop that^^^^^^^^^^^happenin......but I aint heard of them fer Yonks now ......does anybody know if there are still available ????????

·
Banned
652 Posts
Hmmmm I wash mine once a week....well the local immigrants do...

But cos of where i am livin now..it looks a right mess within hours!!

:mrsmiley: :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
The Hooded Claw said:
because the brake dust gets on the alloys!
You used to be able to get them plastic wheel/brake covers that stop that^^^^^^^^^^^happenin......but I aint heard of them fer Yonks now ......does anybody know if there are still available ????????
I had these fitted on my MG Maestro, really helped keep the cross spoke alloys clean but i ain't seen any for a long time either.

·
2,070 Posts
No mate i wash mine once a week sometimes twice the neighbours think i am daft but if you have pride in your car whats wrong in keeping it looking clean?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts